MICHAEL GILDON’S QUESTION OF THE DAY!

“Would being gay make you change your mind about your service provider?”

I was speaking to a co-worker the other day and she was saying that she was looking for a new beautician. So I suggested she try this guy out. Her first response was “Is he gay”, I said yes. Then she was like Hell to the NO..I asked her what difference would it make and why such an uproar because of the guy’s sexual preference..The only excuse I got was that he isn’t seen righteously in the eyes of the Lord and that he will be cast to hell for his way of life…The question for the day is would a person sexual preference make a difference if they were providing you a public service? And if so at what profession?? ie; Hairdresser/barber, doctor/dentist, waiter/waitress.

(THE VIEWS EXPRESSED IN THIS COMMENTARY ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF THE INSITE BUT THAT OF THE GUEST BLOGGER)

1. I Ain't Scared July 5, 2006 11:45 pm

I don’t think so. As long as they keep their distance I wouldn’t have a problem. And I’m secure enough in my sexuality to work with anyone. It’s only those who are insecure and not sure of themselves who would run away from someone of a different sexual preference.

I Ain’t Scared

2. Anonymous July 6, 2006 8:52 am

It is funny, SO if someone was trying to save this woman’s life and they just happened to be gay would she tell them no. Of course not, what people do in their own time has no effect on the service they provide, ESPICALLY if they are the best at what they do. I will pray for this woman whom ever she is cause the Lord is the only person’s judgment that I am worried about.

3. Anonymous July 6, 2006 5:22 pm

I don’t care what profession it is. I,m with your co-worker, I don’t want them anywhere close to me. Gay people have a mental disorder. It ain’t right dammit! It ain’t right!

4. The Man Behind The Curtain July 6, 2006 5:44 pm

These are the most ignorant folks I’ve ever seen. I don’t mind them as long as “they keep a distance”? Gays have a mental disorder? lol As a happy homo I think if I have to put up with Christians they should have to put up with us. Some of the best doctors in Houston are gay so the next time you are in an ER and crying for help you might want to ask them who they slept with last so not to catch the gay bug or you too could end up dressing nice and knowing which fork to use at dinner. As usual we don’t have a problem with Christ just his so called Christians.

5. Anonymous July 6, 2006 9:39 pm

^^^See what I am talking about….They are crazy and sick!

6. Serena July 7, 2006 7:19 pm

Sexual orientation makes no difference to me.

If someone said to me what your coworker said to you, I’d have asked a question. “If your child/spouse/parent was ill and the best doctor to help your loved one was gay, would you NOT go to him?”

That might make a person see things a bit differently.