MARIA AND ATOM ARE HEADED FOR THE DOOR!

A NEW MORNING TEAM ON 104 JULY 24!

Local radio personalities Atom Smasher and Maria Todd have been ousted from their posts as hosts of 104 KRBE’s morning radio show.
Citing market research and “evolving market conditions,” Cumulus Media Partners Market Manager Patrick Fant says a new morning team will greet listeners on July 24. Atlanta-based Cumulus Media owns KRBE.
Smasher, previously the afternoon radio host for the popular station, took over the morning slot last year when radio personality Sam Malone left the station to pursue a morning position at rival station 96.5 KHMX.

1. Anonymous July 10, 2006 10:22 am

This is too bad- they were more entertaining than Ron Burgundy over at Mix.

2. Anonymous July 10, 2006 11:16 am

So So So Sad about this. I love Maria Todd. She is one of the funniest people on the radio. I certainly hope she can stay on the radio in Houston.

3. Serena July 10, 2006 12:54 pm

Good riddance to Atom. He reminded me of a 13 year old boy with his humor. Maria, on the other hand, is a huge loss. She’s intelligent, witty and well spoken. I have great admiration for her. I really hope she’ll find something else in Houston.

4. Jeremy July 10, 2006 9:14 pm

Being a morning talk show IS hard. Guess they didn’t practice their knife-throwing skills hard enough. Pat Fant threw one right at them.

5. Anonymous July 11, 2006 11:47 am

13 year old are the prime crop for 104- if you don’t like the humor then you should probably find another station.

6. Anonymous July 15, 2006 9:46 pm

Damn! I guess no one’s job is secure. Maria Todd has been with 104 forever. Now, if they could just do something with the people at 102. Don’t they know this is 2006 and there are new songs that are dying to get air time.