FUTURE BROADCASTER OF THE WEEK!

SHE’LL SOON APPEAR ON A LOCAL NEWS CHANNEL NEAR YOU!

Say hello to Shelly Anderson. She is a recent graduate of TSU’s broadcasting school. Shelly worked as a council aide to Houston council member Shelley Sekula-Gibbs. She now has several irons in the fire to get her broadcasting career off the ground real soon. Like many of us she’s just waiting for the right moment to get her foot into the newsroom door. If you have any advice for Shelly please leave it here for her on The Insite. And thanks Shelly for stopping by as The Insite’s future broadcaster of the week!

1. Anonymous July 12, 2006 5:16 am

Work hard, don’t take no for an answer, knock on a lot of doors, make contacts with news directors in small markets….and please, please do NOT apply for my job 🙂

2. Anonymous July 12, 2006 12:51 pm

Oh, you have no idea what the news world is about to receive when Shelly bursts onto the scene! Shelly works hard and is very tenacious!
    I have no doubt that Shelly’s God given talent and thirst for the truth will take her to extreme heights! I am excited for her and for her career because we are starting out together. Someday, we will be going head to head with each other in the ratings when she and I are both reporting in Miami or Los Angeles- I cannot wait!
    YOU GO GIRL!
    Love ya!
    ~ Leshelle

3. Anonymous July 12, 2006 10:04 pm

Thats one crazy girl! Give her 50 feet!

4. Anonymous July 13, 2006 12:18 am

It’s great to see you working towards your long held goal of becoming a news reporter. I expect you will do exceedingly well. Remember to follow your heart and always look towards the future. You’re a smart and beautiful girl, keep positive people near, negative ones away and never give up!

-Justin

5. Anonymous July 13, 2006 11:22 am

Keep up the good work Shelly, no one knows how hard you’ve worked as much as I do. Your going to get everything you want out of life. We love you so much- Erika, Winter and Joe

6. Anonymous July 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Oh boy, She used to make our teacher cry because she was so mean to her! She always got into fights too.

7. Anonymous July 14, 2006 11:04 am

If you know Shelly well, you know that she is straightforward, direct and assertive. Mean… hardly, aggressive absolutely! She is not to be taken lightly. Fights??? She wouldn’t dare mess up that pretty face. Obviously there is an element of jealousy in the previous post. It brings true meaning to the “crabs in a bucket” mentality…
    Shelly, keep up the good work!

-Nicole

8. Anonymous July 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Hey girl I see you doing your thing, you’ll do great!

“She always got into fights too.”

Girl please, your little skinny behind, who are they kidding? They sound like they trying to tattle tell or somethin. I need to get you a can of RAID, maybe two…you gonna need it for all those roaches. Yeah, I’m ghetto with it.

Much Love

9. Anonymous July 14, 2006 2:49 pm

This is great! You are on your way…… I of course love the picture. You have a very bright future of ahead of you Shelly. I’m very proud of you!

-M

10. Anonymous July 15, 2006 9:43 pm

Shelly, keep up the good work. I, too, will be graduating from the school of communications at the University of Houston, and it was good to read the positive feedback from people who obviously know the business. I agree, stay away from negative people who will only try to dissuade you from your goals. Definitely a crab mentality.

11. Anonymous July 17, 2006 2:56 pm

To the elite woman with her own mind, and mighty goals:

All I see for you is the stars, because that’s where you’re going. You have been through so much, and yet you still find the strength to maintain and keep going. GOD will bless you, and already he is showing YOU favor. Follow the path of righteousness, and remain firm to your beliefs. Cause only the strong will survive and the weak will parish.

12. Tami July 25, 2006 3:00 pm

Shell, Oh I am so excited for you! When I think of you, I think of a driven, destined and very intelligent young woman! Journalism/Media is your calling and its great that you have already tapped into it! You will be the best. Remember to keep God first, don’t settle, and just know whenever you need me, I’m here. See you on the Red Carpet girl!