PIMP C WILL BE NEAR THE TOP OF THE POP CHARTS THIS WEEK!

100,000+ ALBUMS SOLD!!!!

The Insite has learned Houston rapper Pimp C will land at the #2 position on Billboard’s Pop charts for first week sales of his sophomore solo album Pimpalation. Rap-a-Lot executive Mike Mack says the total should be just above 100,000 albums sold in the first week. The Pimp is second only to Now 22…A music compilation disc. Pimp C is following the success of fellow UGK member and label mate Bun B who also sold just over 100,000 in his first week of sales. Bun B’s album Trill went on to sell well over a half million or Gold status according to RIAA.

Photo by: Bill Olive (Houston Chronicle)

1. M.G. July 18, 2006 8:55 am

Way to go Pimp – Houston is truly representing with quality artists like the pimp.

2. Rizoh July 18, 2006 8:56 am

The album is underwhelming but I’m happy for Pimp.

3. Anonymous July 18, 2006 9:22 am

Looks like a real role model for our youth. I’m sure that you will name your next born “Pimp C” or maybe “Whore D” if it’s a girl.

4. Anonymous July 18, 2006 10:39 am

It’s a shame if Bun-B’s album is not platinum yet. That dude there is insane on the mic!

Long live REAL Hip Hop!

5. Richard July 18, 2006 10:41 am

It’s not Pimp C’s job to be a role model for our children, it’s your job as a parent to guide your child. Stopping looking at entertainment figures as a cop put for your lack of parenting skills. How about naming your child anonymous…

6. Anonymous July 18, 2006 11:07 am

Well said Richard!

7. Harold81 July 19, 2006 9:58 am

Richard, now wouldn’t it be fantastic if what you stated was reality. Unfortunately it is not. To be frank, it is quite foolish to think kids are not influenced by what they see and hear in entertainment. In fact you yourself was more than likely influenced.

Some of those in the Hip Hop community whole soley but the blame on parents is just using them as a scapegoat. Of course it’s the parents responsibility to raise children in a responsible manner, but it is also the responsibility of entertainers as well because of the inevitable influence they have on such vulnerable minds.

Some of these entertainers can say time and time and time again until they are blue in the face that they are not role models, but on the real, they are whether they want to or not. Kids and young adults will admire and immitate them. I did it, and so did most other people. It’s time to be realistic.

8. Mr Williams July 20, 2006 10:02 am

Personally I believe we place too much of the blame of our parenting mis-steps on entertainers. It’s called entertainment for a reason! I am 25 years old and have been a fan of hip hop for as long as I can remeber, but because of my parent’s guidance I know the difference between fact/fiction and right and wrong. I know that what I listen to is meant purely for entertainment and not as a “how to” on how to live my life or address females etc.