JUDGE BELINDA HILL VS. THE NEWS MEDIA!

SOME MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA SAYING THEY’RE TREATED POORLY BY THE JUDGE AND HER STAFF!

I went to cover the Andrea Yates case for one day at the Harris County Courthouse in downtown Houston Tuesday. And the first thing I felt was the tension between the media corp and Judge Belinda Hill who is overseeing the criminal case. When I arrived on the 20th floor I immediately noticed reporters lining the hall sitting on the floor. I asked why they weren’t sitting on benches or chairs in the actual courtroom like many of the same reporters did during the Enron criminal trial at federal court. I was given an ear full. Some of the reporters and photographers said they had been treated poorly by the Judge and her staff since the trial begin. Apparently, Judge Hill banned the reporters from the actual courtroom unless she is on the bench. Her bailiffs also roped off a group of seats or metal benches in the hallway. The reasoning I’m told is because the judge didn’t want reporters coming into contact with the jury as they go from the deliberation room to the courtroom. Also – the judge allegedly pulled the media lights out of the courtroom after a producer questioned the judge’s staff. That producer asked why Hill’s staff couldn’t relay jury questions to the media rather than a photographer from a local station doing it. Some members of the media covering the Yates case claim Hill’s staff is rude and down right uncooperative. I’m told there are lots of tough restrictions that make some reporters jobs just a nightmare covering the high profile case. But then again, this is just one side. I haven’t heard from Judge Hill or her staff.

1. Anonymous July 26, 2006 8:30 am

Judge Hill is a royal Queen Bitch and she treats everyone bad. I’m glad she’s being exposed. I think she lacks the temperment to sit on the bench.

2. Anonymous July 26, 2006 9:00 am

She’s pure evil.

3. Anonymous July 26, 2006 11:13 am

My experience with Hill echos the other two posters. She is a self-centered, arrogrant, royal beyotch!

4. Anonymous July 26, 2006 7:48 pm

I agree. Judge Belinda Hill is rude to most people, even attorneys that work there. I think she is trying to cover up the fact that she is not that bright and doesn’t really know the law.

5. Anonymous July 26, 2006 8:45 pm

Belinda Hill is a walking nightmare. Apparently no one has told her how ugly her attitude is. I hope she reads this to see how the public feels about her.

6. Anonymous July 27, 2006 9:34 am

And she’s Black!

7. Anonymous July 27, 2006 6:21 pm

and she’s Black? what does that mean?

8. Anonymous July 27, 2006 9:34 pm

That makes it worse of course.

9. Anonymous August 6, 2006 10:51 am

that she’s a black mean evil bitch!

10. Chris M. B. January 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Judge Hill gave me my life back. She gave me a chance. I was convicted of multiple felonies and was looking at 50 years. I am now home with my wife and children and I’m a productive member of society and I speak at function about the horrific results of drug and alcohol abuse. Judge Belinda Hill, through GOD, gave me my life back. She is human and the majority of people going in front of her are guilty. I understand that some are innocent. Please understand that after spending 14 plus years in T.D.C.J.-I.D., Judge Hill could of sent me back for life. She didn’t. I celebrated 8 years without drugs and alcohol. I know she will probably never see this post but thank you Judge Hill. I will never forget that day in court. Never.

11. Chris M. B. January 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Another comment.

I would also like to point out that all of the D.A.’s that day wanted me to receive no less than 50 years. I was re-indicted on multiple felonies and by law was suppose to receive no less than 25 years. And yet against my lawyers, half the other inmates in the cell with me and quite a bit of markings on the wall I was considered, “Crazy” for opting to do a, PSI (Pre-Sentence Investigation) in Judge Belinda Hill’s court. I let her and her alone decide my fate. I was told she would hang me and send me away for life.
    You know, she actually did until my lawyer screamed out in the court room that I had never been offered help for my addiction. The court room froze and you would of had to have been there to believe how it happened. I witnessed and was a part of a huge miracle that day. What happened to me was not suppose to happen. But it did.
    It prompted me to write a book that is titled, “Crackhead”.
    So to the posters above I can say that Judge Hill is a wonderful lady that like most of us, has her good side, and her bad side. Has good days, and bad days, makes people smile, and pisses them off. Thanks Judge Hill. Christopher M. Burke

12. REDROC January 27, 2012 9:53 am

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO COURT MYSELF, BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT SHE LACKS INSIGHT, COMMON SEANSE AS WELL AS A TRUE UNDERSTANDING OF JUSTICE. I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT SHE HELPED CHRIS M.B. HOWEVER, YOU MUST HAVE COUGHT HER ON A GREAT DAY OR MAYBE YOU JUST HAPPEN TO BE OF THE RIGHT ETHNICITY AND SHE IS JUST A RACEST. WHAT EVER HER EXCUSE IS, EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OUT AND VOTE IN THE 2014 ELECTIONS SO SHE CAN BE TAKEN OFF OF THE BENCH. SHE HAS DESTROYED MORE LIVES THEN SHE HAS EVER HANDED DOWN JUSTICE TOO.

13. avelino maltos June 28, 2012 2:51 am

you have understand her position when we do wrong and get no mercy thats a reminder of when we didnt see mercy for our wrongs we all have our flaws and should be aware that when we err we enable the power of destrution to manifest we alone give power to hang our selves but just dont accept the blame im sure that most of the people that have encountered themselves in her court room were being real yet and still pointed the finger to something else shes the judge she hears the best to the worst excuses so just say the truth and she will open a different alternative because she and you will know that the discovery of your mistake isnt just gonna be a fairy tale anymore because your not in denial and ready to invest victory she has to be are speed bump because we go to fast