FOXRAD STORMSEEKER!

THIS IS A NOTE FROM FOX 26 METEOROLOGIST JOHN DAWSON. HE’S STOPPING BY TO TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THE NEW WEATHER RADAR AT KRIV:

JOHN DAWSON: THERE’S A NEW RADAR IN TOWN! AND NOT JUST ANY RADAR, BUT THE MOST POWERFUL IN THE ENTIRE NATION. AND THE BEST PART IS WE OWN IT. NOW IT IS NOT QUITE ON-LINE YET, BUT HERE IS YOUR FIRST LOOK AT THE FOXRAD STORMSEEKER RADAR. THE DOPPLER BALL , AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, WAS PLACED ON TOP OF THE TOWER TODAY. IT’S THE TALLEST DOPPLER TOWER IN THE AREA SO WE’LL HAVE THE BEST LOOK AT THE GULF DURING THIS HURRICANE SEASON. AND WITH A MILLION WATTS OF POWER, ALONG WITH DUAL-POLARIZATION TECHNOLOGY, SEVERE WEATHER WILL HAVE NO WHERE TO HIDE FROM US. SHOULD BE UP AND RUNNING SOON, ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER NEW WEATHER TOOLS THAT YOU WILL BE HEARING ABOUT SOON.

1. Anonymous July 27, 2006 8:15 am

Now if they can only get a web page to put the weather on. Hey Ike, why don’t you lease part of the Insite to Fox 26 News?

2. Anonymous July 27, 2006 9:01 am

What is it with nerds and the internet begging for a web page?

3. Anonymous July 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Fox 26 to it’s competitors:
    “Our new doppler is bigger than yours … and size does matter.”

4. Anonymous July 27, 2006 6:44 pm

This new doppler is so strong that they were actually picking up images of Domali’s baby.

5. Anonymous July 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Admit it Ike, you used this new radar to locate those good looking shoes.

6. Anonymous July 28, 2006 8:32 pm

I don’t mind hearing about new technology the first few times, but after about 100 repetitions of the same exact phrasing: “a millions watts of power, along with dual polarization technology”… c’mon! Enough! Did corporate hand that phrase out on little flash cards and make all the employees memorize it?

I might throw myself off the “tallest Doppler tower in the nation” if I hear it much more…

7. Anonymous July 28, 2006 10:31 pm

Weather supposedly gets higher ratings. So what have they done? Put the weather equipment reference across the bottom of the screen for the entire newscast and continue to give teases about the the weather throughout the newscast. No wonder local TV news is losing viewers. What they are doing might work for a while but eventually it will go the way of Top 40 AM radio. Instead of tuning into FM however, people will be tuning into the internet. By the time you remove all the teases and commercials from a 60 minure newscast, you end up with less than 15 minutes of useful information. If you don’t believe me, get a TiVo with a fast forward button.

8. Anonymous August 7, 2006 8:40 am

It would definitely be nice to see them get a website setup for showing the latest stories and weather. I don’t have much time to sit through 30 minutes of news in the morning to try and get a handful of information. I find myself going to Fox’s competitors since they make the information more easily available.

9. Anonymous August 7, 2006 9:16 am

Hello Isiah. Are they going to provide a link anytime soon so us average people can check your radar for weather. I see you get your share of smart ass’s on here to. Thanks