WATCHDOG GROUP PICKED FOR TSU!
Gov. Rick Perry has issued an executive order creating the Texas Southern University (TSU) Advisory Committee. The advisory committee will provide recommendations to the Board of Regents on improving fiscal management and strategic planning, achieving academic and professional excellence, and advancing the use of technology at TSU by March 15, 2007.
“Recent findings of questionable management practices have unfortunately hurt the reputation of a good university,” Perry said. “The members of this Advisory Committee will evaluate the mission, direction and overall management practices of the university and recommend real changes where needed to keep TSU focused on its core mission of educating students.”
Appointments to the TSU Advisory Committee are:
- Glenn Lewis, Fort Worth – Chairman
- Gary L. Bledsoe, Austin
- Judge Zinetta A. Burney, Houston
- Larry R. Faulkner, Houston
- Anthony W. Hall, Jr., Houston
- Howard E. Jefferson, Houston
- Dr. Raymund A. Paredes, Austin
- Richard Salwen, Austin
- Cynthia A. Spooner, Houston
- Richard Knight, Jr., Dallas
- Albert Myres, Houston