OVERDOSE IS NOT THE SAME THING AS DEATH BY A DEADLY MIX!

GETTING THE INFORMATION CORRECT WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST!

Several news outlets have been reporting Houston rapper Pimp C died as a result of an ‘overdose’ of cough syrup. That’s not actually the case. The Insite spoke directly with the assistant county coroner in Los Angeles and was the first to break the story. Ed Winter did not say Pimp C died of a drug overdose. I asked the question point blank – ‘was it a drug overdose’ and Winter said no. He said it was a deadly mix of Promethazine/Codeine, additional unknown issues, and a pre-existing medical condition called sleep apnea. Now here’s the problem – a person who has sleep apnea frequently stops breathing while they sleep. In some cases a person can go up to a minute without breathing with the illness. Here’s problem number #2 – Promethazine/Codeine may cause severe and sometimes fatal breathing problems…Those who have sleep apnea are warned not use the cough medication. The two make a deadly mix. So while syrup has become a part of the rap culture and Pimp C even rapped about it, his death wasn’t the result of an overdose but a deadly mix of the purple stuff with his current condition. Mr. Winter said he did not attribute Pimp C aka Chad Butler’s death to an OVERDOSE BUT AN ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND THE DEADLY MIX OF THE RAPPERS CONDITION AND THE COUGH SYRUP!