Former Houston Oilers linebacker John Grimsley was found dead apparently from a gunshot wound in his Missouri City home. Missouri City police were called to the residence at approximately 9 a.m. and found Grimsley. Police say he appeared to have been killed by an accidental gunshot wound. Grimsley, 45, played for the Oilers from 1984 to 1990, making the Pro Bowl in 1988 and the All-Pro team in1989. He finished his career with the Miami Dolphins from 1992-93. Grimsley’s former teammates were shocked to hear of the news. “Hearing news like this about a former teammate is unsettling,” former Oilers quarterback Warren Moon told FOX 26 Sports. “We had unsettling things happen to our team when we were playing, like Jeff Alm (who committed suicide in 1993).” “You know as you get older you have to deal with things like this, but not at his age. I just saw John last week at the Super Bowl. This is just very sad.” Former Oilers cornerback Cris Dishman agreed. “It is very shocking to hear something like that,” Dishman told FOX 26. “I can see John now with the curly hair running around the field hitting people. That’s how I remember him.” Grimsley, only a sixth-round draft pick in 1984, became a starter in his third year and was noted for his aggressive play. “John was one of the toughest players I have ever been around and his family was just as tough,” Moon said. “The biggest thing I remember about John is the closeness of his family. They followed us wherever we went. We always knew, no matter where we were, there would always be at least a few Oiler fans in the stands, the Grimsleys.” Grimsley was born in Canton, Ohio and played at the University of Kentucky. In recent years, Grimsley owned a company called World Class Expeditions that sponsored outdoor fishing and hunting trips, including an annual fishing camp on the Yukon River in Alaska. “John was always such a positive guy and a hard worker,” Dishman said. “A blue-collar guy, a down-and-dirty guy. He was such an outdoorsman. It’s so sad to hear he passed away.” Missouri City officials say an autopsy is pending!