SHOWER DEATHS IN IRAQ CLAIM LIVES OF US SOLDIERS!

AT LEAST A DOZEN SERVICE MEMBERS MAY HAVE BEEN KILLED DUE TO ELECTROCUTION!

A U.S. House committee chairman has begun an investigation into the electrocutions of at least 12 service members in Iraq, including that of a Pittsburgh soldier killed in January by a jolt of electricity while showering. Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said Wednesday he has asked Defense Secretary Robert Gates to hand over documents relating to the management of electrical systems at facilities in Iraq. Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth, 24, died Jan. 2 of cardiac arrest after being electrocuted while showering at his barracks in Baghdad.
Also Wednesday, Maseth’s parents filed a wrongful death lawsuit in Allegheny County Court against KBR Inc., the Houston-based contractor responsible for maintaining Maseth’s barracks.
The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages and costs, alleges that KBR allowed U.S. troops to continue using electrical systems “which KBR knew to be dangerous and knew had caused prior instances of electrocution.” “I expected that if I lost one of my sons (in the war), it would be due to an IED or firefight,” Maseth’s mother, Cheryl Harris, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. “I never expected to hear he would be electrocuted, that something so senseless happened to him.” An Army investigation found that his death was due to improper grounding of the electric pump that supplied water to the building, Waxman said. Maseth died after an electrical short in the pump sent a current through the pipes, the California Democrat wrote in his letter.