It’s a concern that has caught the attention of Houston City Councilman Peter Brown. He walked the Insite into a midtown neighborhood Friday where he showed me something that may concern you. He pointed to a brick house just off Main Street. Next to the brick house only about 2 to 3 feet away was this electrical transformer. He says the transformer is simply too close to the home. Brown says the city needs to monitor just how close utility companies place these electric supplies to homes. He’d prefer to see them all underground. Brown says it’s a fire waiting to happen. I didn’t think too much of it until I thought back to the last time I witnessed an explosion of a transformer. There were sparks everywhere. Just imagine if some of those sparks land on the roof of that brick house. We’re talking about a major structure fire. Brown says according to city code the transformer should be at least 7 feet away from a house or building. Apparently, this transformer slipped through the cracks. Have you checked how close your transformer is too your home?