THE DANGER OF OPERATING A GENERATOR IN YOUR HOME!

CHILD DIES FROM INHALING THE FUMES!

A 4-year-old boy has died of poisoning from carbon monoxide from a gas-powered generator operating in a house in the wake of Hurricane Ike.
   
Joshua Aguirre died about 1 p.m. Saturday in the one-story house north of the city. He was one of four children inside at the time, the Houston Chronicle reported.
   
The generator was operating at the back of the house and Ortiz said the children’s father, who was working, called his brother and asked him to check on his family. Houston Police officer Gabe Ortiz said the brother found the occupants in the house unresponsive and
called for help.
   
Joshua died at the scene and the others were taken to Memorial-Hermann Hospital. Ortiz did not know the names or ages of the other victims and their conditions were not immediately known
on Sunday afternoon.