I frequently wonder what people do when they’re in big trouble and the feds are on their tails. Sir Robert Allen Stanford is one who recently came to mind. He’s the billionaire from Houston who’s accused of the $8 billion dollar fraud according to the SEC. Stanford is accused of selling certificates of deposit to his investors and federal investigators say those cd’s may not be worth the market amount Stanford has claimed. Federal regulators have not been able to find the Texan since the big news broke on Tuesday and the lawsuit was filed accusing him of fraud. He has a home in the US Virgin Islands and banks in Antigua as well as Venezuela. My question is what is he doing or thinking right now?
10. Sitting on his balcony in the Virgin Islands sipping on Pena Coladas.
9. Wondering if Ted Oberg from KTRK will ever find his front door bell at his compound in Antigua.
8. Wondering why FOX Newschannel refers to him as mini-Madoff.
7. Counting the number of planes he still has to fly to Fantasy Island.
6. Considering negotiations with NASA to trade his unsold certificates of deposit for a one way ticket to Mars.
5. Pondering how cool it would be if he could be free to shop at the Galleria right now.
4. Sending text messages to the SEC saying, “you’re getting warmer, now you’re just plain cold.”
3. Counting $20’s and wondering if he should burn them to save on energy costs.
2. Pretending he’s never heard of Stanford Financial Group and changing his name to Sir Allen Iverson.
1. Hiding under a sofa in the Fifth Ward praying Carol Mims Galloway doesn’t find him first!
Can you come up with a better list? Leave your list in the comment section and I’ll compile the best for another ‘What is Sir Allen Stanford thinking and doing.’