THE ACTUAL TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE HOUSE!

I FINALLY MADE IT TO MY DREAM HOUSE!

Since I moved to the state of Texas there has been one place I’ve always wanted to go and that’s just outside of Austin. Why? I’ve always been a horror movie fan and one of my favorites is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The original done by director Tobe Hooper and the remake done by producer Michael Bay. When I pulled the lucky straw to cover the Texas Education Board one of the first stops I made on my way to the capital city was Granger, Tx. Just outside the small community you’ll find the creepy and menacing old farmhouse used in the 2003 remake of TCM. Believe me it’s as creepy as it looks. This is the actual house used in the movie. I was surprised to see the elderly woman who lives there. She drove into her driveway as I was snapping pictures of her home. She politely spoke and kept driving. What was clear is she doesn’t take to kindly to people walking onto her property. There are several signs warning visitors not to trespass. One even threatening death. So I got my shots, my memories of a life time, and drove away. It was super cool!

1. Thomas September 20, 2012 3:01 am

Thats awesome! What did the woman say?

2. rob rodriguez November 29, 2012 12:34 am

what road is it on?

3. Isiah Carey November 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Hey Rob…here’s the actual address:

901 county road 336 granger tx 76530

4. John March 28, 2013 2:16 pm

I just wanted to say that i would die to go see that place in person!!! I am the texas chainsaw massacres ultamate fan! I Wish i lived in that house with him sooooooo bad! I live in Texas but dont know how to get there and parents dont want to go there.

5. Tamara Accardo May 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Hello the Texas chain saw the picture so its a real house not a movie made and you said a lady live there yet it look broken down. So I guess they paid her to use the house and to date is the house still there

6. liilu May 24, 2013 11:37 pm

FAKE HOUSE.. it is not real happen.. REAL HAPPEN is in WISC but not in TEXAS.. MILLION PEOPLE DONT DO ANY HOMEWORK TO RESEARCH IT..

7. manny deluna July 7, 2013 11:03 pm

But where is the original house located at?

8. janice sexton July 11, 2013 9:42 pm

I’M ON MY WAY OUT THERE GIVE ME 2 DAYS TO LEAVE THE STATE OF ARIZONA,
    HITCH HIKING. HOPE THAT SHERIFF EXPECTS TO SEE IF THAT PRICE LONG AGO WILL
    ADD UP.
    JANICE
    01151982

9. AMANDA August 13, 2013 4:59 pm

JUST SO YOU KNOW I GREW UP IN THIS AREA AND YES I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THE HOUSE IS AND THE LADY THAT LIVES THERE ACTUALLY LIVES IN A SMALL HOUSE A LITTLE BEHIND THE ACTUAL HOUSE IT SELF

• Marshall October 9, 2013 5:20 pm

Can I can the address

10. Ray August 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Ahhhh, Travis County.

11. star October 10, 2013 3:31 pm

No murders happened there its just the house from the movie.

12. http://flsd.co/wncw October 12, 2013 7:09 pm

In a nutshell, it works, and the search capabilities are spooky: I
    can see where folks in my old HS class live, where they work, who their friends
    are, and so-on. On the onset, going for Facebook marketing involves that you
    actually end up spending a lot of time and money on the marketing
    essences. In other cases, even removal is not necessary because quarantining the virus is
    enough.

13. Jessi October 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Actually the movie is based on an incident that happened in WI and TX. Producers thought it may sound more interesting to combine both stories hence the “based on actual events” before every movie. The house is real..in the case of the Texas case. Simple google search and reading, my friends.

14. Jennifer October 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Come to Kingsland, TX and see the house from the Original movie.

15. Vic October 26, 2013 4:37 am

how did Hollywood find this house?

• priyanka September 27, 2014 3:17 am

good question

16. John Molina September 19, 2014 3:03 am

I am a huge Texas chainsaw massacre fan I would love to go and check out this house I live in Texas and I would like to go see that house in person one of these days

17. Marcus Rhia September 26, 2014 3:19 am

Toby cooper explained this so many times. For the slight few of you that continue to correct people by saying it’s based on a real town, real family, real house. Wrong. It’s loosely based on Ed Grein. A serial killer that killed, but more robbed graves and made masks from flesh as well as “decorations”, etc for his creepy perversion. So there were NO Hewitt family Et al, Leatherfave was a name Toby made up. I love the movies, LOVE the remakes. So let’s enjoy but NO more false enlightments.

18. Marcus Rhia September 26, 2014 3:21 am

P.S. Correction. Ed Gein, misspelled, sorry.

19. Marcus Rhia September 26, 2014 3:52 am

WRONG. Again, darn spell check and my failure to read before posting. TOBE HOOPER! My phone didn’t like Tobe so it corrected to the common Toby. C/Hooper, no darn idea. Sorry folks.
    P.S. The chainsaw, TOBE got the idea in a crowded mall, saw one on display In a window and said, wonder if I could get thru faster with that. Ha, good idea.

20. priyanka September 27, 2014 3:16 am

that house is not even the real one if it was he had to be dead by den SO FAKE!!! ive been studying about it for 3 years and ive seen the REAL HOUSE