City Hall Farmers Market will celebrate Houston’s Livestock Show & Rodeo with Rodeo Day with a baby goat petting area, Rodeo picture station, and lots of delicious local “grub” for lunch. There will be live music by Brad Boyer & Country Store Buffalo featuring Matt Harlan, and Chef Adam Dorris from Stella Sola will be sharing samples of his delicious charcuterie that he makes in-house using pork from Black Hill Ranch.
To support local farmers and assist helping over 30 “micro businesses,” the City of Houston hosts a weekly farmer’s market at City Hall every Wednesday from 11 am until 1:30 pm. The public can enjoy lunch or pick up groceries weekly and at the same time support local, fresh and sustainable food all amidst Houston’s dramatic downtown urban setting.
· Laura Spanjian, Mayor Parker’s Director of Sustainability
· Mark Bowen, Executive Director of Urban Harvest
· Direct Energy, Sustainable Sponsor of the City Hall Farmers Market
· Over 30 Vendors from farmers, food trucks to top local chefs
· Stella Sola’s Executive Chef Adam Dorris
· Baby Goats provided by Swede Farm
WHEN: Wednesday March 14, 2012
11:00 A.M. – 1:30 P.M, rain or shine.
WHERE: City Hall, 901 Bagby / Outside City Hall, around the Reflection Pool
PARKING: Downtown dwellers and employees are encouraged to walk. Garage Parking at 400 Rusk or metered street parking