HOUSTON WE’RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO A KRISPY KREME DONUT!

I’ve got great news.

As many of you know with your support I’ve been on a campaign to get Krispy Kreme to come to Houston in the company’s Glaze the Nation Tour.

Well, Monday afternoon I received word from the corporate offices of the donut giant.

A rep says they heard our plea in Houston and they have added the Bayou City on the calendar.

That means the Krispy Kreme truck could actually make a stop here.

However, there is no set date and I’m working with Krispy Kreme to find a location to hand out donuts to all the KK lovers in our community.

So, stand by for more details right here on the Insite!

Edited email from Krispy Kreme:

Isiah:

My name is Megan Brock and I work for Krispy Kreme. I am from Sugar Land originally and currently reside in Austin, TX while working for corporate in Winston-Salem…while we don’t currently have shops in Houston, we have heard your plea and have added your requests to our calendar as we continue to plan the year…any help you can provide with locations or events for our potential arrival in Houston or surrounding areas is much appreciated. Our goal as you can imagine is to reach as many of our fanatics this year to celebrate our 75th birthday and are so excited to have the out-pouring of responses from Guests like you.

Thank you for being such a loyal fan.
Regards,
Megan M. Brock
US Retail Marketing Manager

1. PBMom March 27, 2012 8:13 pm  Reply

You are the MAN!!!!! I’ll travel for Krispy Kreme. Anywhere in the city. Wish they would freeze well.

• Melissa Ford August 26, 2012 9:21 am  Reply

That would be great! My family is lost without Krispy Kreme in Houston. When they
      first came to Houston, they went to Traders Village to pass out and sell their wonderful
      doughnuts so that might be a thought although I would love to see a permanent location
      here in Houston.

2. Darrell March 27, 2012 8:43 pm  Reply

First hot dozen on me. Thanks for your efforts IC. Can’t wait to introduce my kids to real doughnuts.

3. LaTarsha Hamilton March 27, 2012 8:57 pm  Reply

Awesome I can’t wait IC! I’m loving it!

4. Ryan March 28, 2012 1:23 am  Reply

krispy kreme needs to set up and actual location here in thebhouston are, they use to and need to come back for good not just to pass through!!!!!!!!!!

5. DIANE March 28, 2012 7:36 am  Reply

KRISPIE KREME WAAYYY BETTER THAN SHIPLEYS.. GREW UP WITH KRISPIE KREME. PLEASE STAY UPDATED WITH YOUR FANS WITH TIME, DATE, AND LOCATION THX

6. Connie March 28, 2012 1:36 pm  Reply

That’s fabulous news!!!! I miss those donuts!
    We get them in San Antonio, on our way for our annual trip to Kerrville.
    We all fly into the store with such excitement. I am sure they think we are crazy! :)

7. PBMom March 28, 2012 6:44 pm  Reply

Note to Ryan: Because of a settlement in 2006 between Krispy Kreme and Lone Star donuts, the terms were Krispy Kreme had to pull out of the Houston market.

8. Miki W. March 28, 2012 10:01 pm  Reply

THANK YOU ISIAH!!!!

I HAVE BEEN LEAVING POSTS ON THEIR (KK) FACEBOOK PAGE ABOUT COMING BACK TO HOUSTON. I REALLY HOPE THEY COME BACK. I NEED TO KNOW WHEN THEY ARE IN ROUTE TOWARD HOUSTON.

THOSE DONUTS USED TO CALL MY NAME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. CANT WAIT.

Miki

9. Ray Cervantes July 4, 2012 12:53 am  Reply

Krispy Kreme needs to come back PERMANENTLY…. although the “visit” will be nice… I WANT KRISPY KREME BACK! It pisses me off that because of one or two greedy clowns involved in the last Krispy Kreme endeavor failed… now the entire fourth largest city in America must suffer? COME BACK KRISPY KREME… COME BACK!

10. Sandra White July 8, 2012 7:18 pm  Reply

I’m with friends returning to Houston from Mississippi via Louisiana. Her father wanted us to find a store selling KK before we made it back to Houston.

KK lovers would greatly appreciate a Houston. Upon opening one store, the love for KK will reap more stores.
    Thx

11. Dirk August 21, 2012 11:08 pm  Reply

Been pestering them to return to Houston for years. Hope you pull this off and they are wowed enough by the response to open a store here again. Jumbles who??

12. Cheryl October 6, 2012 11:40 am  Reply

Hello Isiah…
    I just found your site regarding KK donuts…..WE NEED THEM BACK IN HOUSTON.. I can’t find ou why they closed down when there in SA, Austin .etc….we need some help..

Do we need to make it an election year issue? Lmaoooooo

HELP. we want our KK back

Cheryl Turner

13. Jonathan D October 10, 2012 5:00 am  Reply

To me its insulting to come pay the 4th largest city in America a visit rather than start the process of returning the franchise back to Houston. I am so sick and tired of Houston getting no love while cities such as Dallas, Atlanta, and Chicago get so much overhyping.

Isiah we appreciate your relentless efforts, however I will not attend an event to stand in line waiting on someone in a truck to hand out a limited amount of doughnuts.

What a tease!!! People stop Hating on Houston’s success.

J

14. Niki McQueen October 17, 2012 8:31 am  Reply

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAIAH CAREY!!!*

Seen you this morning WITH KRISPY KREME @ MEMORIAL PARK ON THE TOUR!!

Congrats on getting this done! And how awesome is it for them to come on your birthday!

Keep fighting for Houston! Hopefully we’ll actually get a Krispy Kreme shop here sooooooon!

15. lane October 17, 2012 4:59 pm  Reply

Just saw Klein bus near 610 heading towards be freeway! I was on the opposite side so I couldn’t hunt them down! Plz,where are they going,need those doughnut!!!

16. lane October 17, 2012 5:01 pm  Reply

Meant to say Krispy kream, typo on the klein

17. OEFvet January 3, 2013 10:40 pm  Reply

Are they barred from opening shops in the Katy or Sugarland area as well as Houston? Shipley’s donuts are not good and they leave them exposed all day to flies and whatever else is around! PLEASE bring back KK!

18. Belle February 1, 2013 7:07 pm  Reply

Hello I’m a fellow krispy Kreme lover from dfw & I’m hella missing those chocolate glazed doughnuts heated in the wave for about 6 secs I need some relief of u have any new info on their next visit or store opening? Atleast they could sell them in krogers or Walmart right? Ehhh…

19. Sara March 24, 2013 8:59 am  Reply

There is a great potential location on West Gray near Bagby. It’srright below some new apartments in Midtown.

20. LAN Nguyen July 26, 2013 9:50 am  Reply

Hello Kk
    I’m so excited to hear my Kk coming back. We need one in in h-town Sugarland. It be great opportunity business for Kk. Business have been expend here in Sugarland area. My daughter & I love our Kk w/ morning coffee. What a jumble’s.? We need fresh Kream ;)

21. Belle September 12, 2013 11:28 am  Reply

Hey Isiah

22. Jim Wellington October 31, 2013 12:09 pm  Reply

Wanted to buy and eat Krispy Kreme’s since they closed. This is a long time coming after the legal problems. I see some interest but no dates. This is October, 2013 and no word. I agree that Houston is the other side of the tracks city, but it’s time has come. Where does corporate stand on this need for Houston? Are they just telling us what we want to hear or will they make an effort?

23. Jim Wellington October 31, 2013 12:12 pm  Reply

Wanted to buy and eat Krispy Kreme’s since they closed. I see interest but no dates when will a decision be made. Where does corporate stand on this need for Houston?