SOME ON SOCIAL MEDIA SAY THEY’VE HAD ENOUGH OF THE ‘BLACK’ TRAYVON MARTIN CASE – HOW ABOUT YOU?

One of my good friends sent me a few posts from his Facebook friends who happen to be White.  They feel the Trayvon Martin case is getting way too much attention and Whites who have been murdered are not getting nearly enough coverage.  Do you feel this Florida case has monopolized news coverage over the last two weeks?  And I want you to be as honest as possible! Here are some of the posts he sent me from his friends on social media:

“All of this commotion about the “Trayvon Martin” case… Where’s the commotion about the “Brian Armstrong” Opelousas case where two black guys beat a white guy to death in a holding cell? Not racist by all means but I think it’s all bullshit. Where’s Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on this one?!?”

This is a case where a White person on Facebook said the death of two Whites received little national coverage:

Wow, really old but never heard of it. This is stomach turning. Crazy all the disgusting things that happen that are never reported!
Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom –

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.m.wikipedia.org

1. Charlie Genin April 1, 2012 2:25 pm

My heart goes out to the family of Trayvon in the same way that it goes out to the families of Christopher and Channon. Not because it’s a white/black issue but because its a loss of a loved one. And I have experienced it first hand to know what they feel… The harsh truth is that the media shows bias’ for certain cases and it only drives racism in individuals. We are supposed to be moving away from this sort of thing but it just shows how alive racism still is today.

2. Jehrall Jackson April 1, 2012 2:57 pm

I wish all senseless murders could get national coverage. It’s not a black or white issue. Murder has no color. But, I’m not tired of hearing about this case. Just tired of all the people who make it a racial issue.

3. Eric L Green April 1, 2012 4:55 pm

I haven’t watched one minute of coverage. It may be a racially motivated case and then it may not be. The MEDIA does keep biases and racism alive and well. It is a tragedy pure and simple. Justice needs to be carried out and that has not one thing to do with race. There are plenty if legit racial issues out there and the get belittled and covered up by coverage such as this. No one is marching about the black on black crime that has festered for years in the black community. It is acceptable if we kill each other. The media keeps stirring up bs and I for one am tired of it.

4. sharenda scott April 1, 2012 5:04 pm

The outcry is because Zimmerman remained free after his crime. He clearly exercised poor judgment, didn’t listen 2 the advice of 9-1-1 staff, & pursued Martin anyway! Now, the child is dead. I do feel compassion 4 these other families who have lost their loved one ;(

5. K.H April 1, 2012 9:44 pm

Yes bith stories are horrible but if I recall correctly in the case of the two young people arrests were made. No arrest has been made in the Trayvon case!

6. Charlie Genin April 1, 2012 11:28 pm

@ K.H: The point of this blog is about MEDIA COVERAGE being bias. The argument is racially bias. It has nothing to do with details of individual cases. 😉

7. Cheryl Chance April 4, 2012 9:07 pm

Trayvon Martin is one of the few cases of a black person getting this much air time, and some people think it is over the top. However, we feel your pain when it

8. big al April 12, 2012 4:03 pm

sharpton jesse jackson never seen or heard when a white is murderd or raped or gas thrown on a white kid by blacks and lit up noooooooooooooo you wout hear from them on that they like to bang the jungle drums on blck s that get killed by whites in self defence

9. arold July 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Enough of the Trayvon martin case. Justice has been done.