The Houston Public Library (HPL) has released a mobile app that gives customers on-the-go access to the catalog, their accounts, and to reference services. The free app is available for iOS and Android devices (among others), as well as offering a mobile web option for all others. Customers can download the app that best fits their device formats from http://www.houstonlibrary.org/hpl-mobile-app or access the mobile web version at http://hpltx.boopsie.com/m/.
Pew Internet estimates that 69% of library customers use apps to access information. The HPL app will allow customers to obtain library information and interact with library services from their mobile devices. From the mobile app, customers can:
- Access the HPL catalog, including the ebook collection, place holds, search for materials, and find recommendations on other books to read;
- Check their accounts to see due dates and renew materials checked out;
- Get information about HPL locations and have the app find the location closest to them based on their mobile device’s GPS;
- Interact with reference librarians via chat, email or text with just a few clicks. They can get their questions answered in the method that best fits their lifestyle;
- Search or browse this month’s calendar of events;
- Connect with HPL’s social media content, including blog posts;
- And more!
All from their phone or tablet! Download the HPL app today.
For further information, visit the Houston Public Library at www.houstonlibrary.org or call 832-393-1313.