FOUR HOUSTON POLICE OFFICERS RECOMMENDED FOR TERMINATION!

The Insite and Fox 26 news have learned four houston police officers have been relieved of duty and recommended for termination for an alleged ticket writing scheme that’s costing you the taxpayer.

Sources say these officers have been the target of an internal investigation for a year and half.

The cops, who include a Sargent and Officer Matt Davis, are accused of an orchestrated ticket writing scheme.

The officers were investigated by internal affairs and recommended for termination by a civilian group for allegedly signing on to multiple tickets to eventually claim thousands of dollars in overtime from the Houston Police Department.

Officer Matt Davis

Officer Davis is of particular note because he’s known as one of the biggest ticket writers at HPD.

Published reports show Davis has actually written thousands of tickets alone in a month’s time.

The ultimate decision on the future of the veteran officers will be left up to HPD chief Charles McClelland.

This is a story fox 26 first broke late last year.

Once again the four officers have been relieved of duty and we’re hoping to get a response from the department and the union.

1. Lou August 14, 2012 6:03 am

Dey ain’t gone do jack ish dats y HPD #1 in da nation for racial profiling nd ain’t ish changed since dat wuz reported popo only here to serve my hood not to protect it we need protection from dem mfs…

2. PWIV August 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Racial profiling causes minorities to expect this type of corruption as the norm. The long arm of the law may discredit and disenfranchise citizens based on prejudices and power. Reasonable suspicion is fabricated and embellished in order to create a paper trail and ultimately a criminal record. This reality may catalyze turmoil between particular demographics and police officers.

3. Sampy August 15, 2012 7:10 am

This article provides a glimpse into an unspoken reality regarding law enforcement in Houston, Texas. There are neighborhoods where police wait at bus stops to search and harass young black men, or at the corner store to pester passers-by, reminiscent of far darker times in our nation’s history. These guys mix truth with lies in order to enforce their agenda. Crooked cops are aware that most people don’t possess the resources to adequately combat such injustice in court and the probability that a jury will take a civilian’s word over a police officer’s word is highly unlikely. Thus minorities are disproportionately criminalized and provide the bodies, time, and money that keep our “justice” system going full speed ahead. A victim of a falsified police report or ticket will miss work several times, be liable for court costs, bail, lawyer fees, probation fees and/ or spend time in jail. A criminal record or arrest record is a black eye for those wanting jobs or higher learning and successfully removes minorities from the market. Power and corruption are synonymous and police officer’s should acknowledge their responsibility to protect and serve rather than destroy innocent lives for their own personal gain. If we really took this problem seriously, I imagine MANY instances of such grift would be exposed and should be under review.

4. zeus August 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Lol… …that first comment, lol …. …ahhhhh… Lol… …wow… …lol… …

5. Joseph Houston August 16, 2012 10:31 am

In fairness, I do not think anyone in the know thinks Davis profiles. He sees a violation and writes it up regardless of race, gender, age, or whatever else. His tickets are not for a few miles over the limit either, that is a lie put forth by some of his customers and detractors, this current witch hunt as a local defense attorney puts it simply the result of jealousy.

• Taylor Houston September 21, 2012 9:13 am

I’ve been pulled over three times by officer Davis and twice he exaggerated my speed so I would in turn have to go to court and he could get overtime. One time he wrote me a ticket for no front license plate–which had been stolen, the border frame on my back plate (from my dealership which I didn’t put on) partially covering the “T” in Texas, and a ticket for not updating my driver’s license even though I had only moved 2 weeks prior. This man was dishonest at his core at the detriment of taxpayers.

6. EH57 August 20, 2012 7:51 am

I am a 27 year old woman with blonde hair and blue eyes and I live in a nice area of Houston. I was pulled over by Officer Matt Davis and given six offenses. He is a jerk to everyone equally. Let’s not make this case about racial profiling.

7. Ana August 24, 2012 10:05 am

If you don’t do anything bad, you DON’T get a ticket. Period. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian… It goes for everyone

• shutup September 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. This is officer Matthew L. Davis we’re talking about.