THE INJUSTICE FILES COMES TO HOUSTON AND YOU’RE INVITED FOR A PREMIERE OF THE EPISODE THAT FOCUSES ON ROBBIE TOLAN!

Host and executive producer Keith Beauchamp of The Injustice Files is in Houston this week to host a premiere.

The latest episode to air February 13th on Investigation Discovery channel takes a look at racial profiling and stand your ground.

If you want to see the episode keep reading below for the free premiere in Houston Friday night:

Exclusive screening and meet & greet with filmmaker and racial profiling victim in ID’s newest documentary – THE INJUSTICE FILES: HOOD OF SUSPICION.

On December 31, 2008 Robbie Tolan was shot in front of his own Bellaire, TX home after a Bellaire police officer suspected him of driving a stolen car. That car turned out to be Tolan’s.

Less than one year ago, 15-year old Trayvon Martin was killed while walking to his father’s home in Sanford, Florida.

These two incidents sparked a nationwide dialog on racial profiling practices, including “stand-your-ground” laws, which state that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat.

These laws, which on their face may seem fair, have often been used to discriminate against, intimidate and even murder innocent minorities.

ID goes on an in-depth investigation of modern day racial profiling practices in the next installment of THE INJUSTICE FILES series from Emmy-nominated filmmaker Keith Beauchamp.

Looking at three distinct cases that illustrate how self-defense practices discriminate against African Americans, THE INJUSTICE FILES: HOOD OF SUSPICION make its world premiere Wednesday, February 13 at 7 PM (CTL) on ID.

WHERE:            Kingdom Builders’ Center                         6011 West Orem Drive                         Houston, TX 77085                         Register for the free screening at www.kbchouston.com/injustice

WHEN:            Friday, February 8, 2013                         7:00pm

1. Duke Blitz February 8, 2013 6:03 am

Mr Carey: I cannot believe your involvement in this sharaid. Can you use your investigative powers and find an Eric Holder connection with Keith Beauchamp? Mr Holder wants the Travon story played every where to polute the jury pool, so the real story will not get out and the administrations embarrasment will not be discovered. As far as Mr Tolan do you really think the truth will be revealed? Yes, the cops were ancy but they always are so EVERYONE needs to heed their commands, mothers don’t run to your childeren when an officer says “STOP”, sons, don’t run to your mothers when a cop says “STOP”. What the hell was he suppose to do? Given a few more minutes and he would have found out the liscence plate was not stolen. But, the truth is that this administration wants White Vs Black adversity and you Mr Carey played right into their hands. I held you at a higher regaurd. Duke

2. Duke Blitz February 8, 2013 6:58 am

Just to clarify, I also was pulled over in Bellaire at 4:00AM. Lights in my eyes, cops all around with guns pulled. I did what they said, “keep your hands on the wheel”. It took them 30 seconds to verify I was only delivering the Wall Street Journal for a fellow carrier. Then the cops said “finish your route and don’t come back” was I intimidated ? “Yes”, scared, “Yes” but I had an adult attitude that knows cops need to be this way because the bad guys don’t care. And I am not in danger if I “OBEY”. Back in 1982 I was stopped by a Sherriffs deputy and given a violation ticket for a construction zone. When asked why he stopped me out of the group of cars he said ” because you had a suit on and could afford the ticket” did I yell racial profiling because the cop was black? NO, it’s called LIFE and in this world injustice is expected. As long as humans are around racism will exist. The question is “why can’t my fellow black humans take responsibility for their OWN actions? Duke

• Davis February 8, 2013 10:06 am

Duke, I totally agreed with you until your last sentence, stating: “The question is “why can’t my fellow black humans take responsibility for their OWN actions?”

You just did exactly what everyone does to stir controversy. You just generalized that blacks don’t take ownership of their actions, but guess what it goes both ways. Whites, blacks, latinos, and all other races DO and DO NOT take ownership for their responsbilities. Don’t put everyone in the same boat. I am sure not everyone in your race behaves just as you do. If you would have left out that one sentence you would have ended with so much more creditability. Sad!

3. Tim February 11, 2013 8:18 am

I don’t believe Duke’s stories of unjust treatment by the police. Are there sporadic incidents? Sure. Just as EVERY profession from new reporters to dentists has its fair share of morons so too does law enforcement. The problem is people who think they can win the lawsuit lottery by crying racism so they are hypersensitive and target city and county police because typically the city or county will pay off to keep from wasting time in a civil court. Other professions aren’t as lucrative to sue as law enforcement. It’s very simple……….do what the police tell you. You will have your day in court if you feel that you were treated unfairly, but the time and place to argue is NOT on the side of the road during the stop. Usually the race card being played is just a weak attempt to deflect attention from the criminals’ behavior. Sounds to me like Mr. Tolan and his entire family have a little “Thug Life” attitude going on there. Sadly, this is what people have come to accept as the new “norm”. Teach your kids respect, responsibility, and to follow the rules and you will never have these problems.

• Rose February 14, 2013 12:48 am

I do not usually comment on certain issues but the comment made by Tim is an insulting and hateful…….unfortunately, he is not alone. I know these people, the Tolans, and am appalled that anyone would make such ugly untrue statements about someone they do not know. Apparently, you are not familiar with the specifics of this case Tim. This incident did not occur on the street in front of their home but in their private driveway……………in the Tolans’ personal driveway! Robbie was driving his mother’s vehicle. They pulled up behind them, Robbie and his cousin, and had them to lay on the ground in their yard. The mother came out to see what was going on and it appears one of the officers threw her against her home. There is more to this story also, but that is all I will say at this time. These people are not and do not have ( “Thug Life”), as you say it Tim, attitudes. They live a rather comfortable lifestyle and cause no one trouble. This young man has no prior rap sheet and now his career is ruined. Perhaps, you should do a self check on yourself…….what kind of person are you? Maybe, you are unhappy with yourself, Tim. Just saying!

4. josh February 13, 2013 8:12 am

I believe this may be the most irresponsible show on television. What in the world does Mr. beauchamp hope to do besides stir up controversy? I hope his goal of driving a wedge between the black community and law enforcement works because that is all I see coming from this. Good luck jackass.

5. Ron March 6, 2013 12:44 am

The show should go on to be a success. I’m glad we, as a community, were afforded an opportunity to participate in the public screening. I was quite impressed by the program, including he Q & A at the end. I will watch the show for as long as it’s on the air. I have to admit, though, I had not heard about those victims outside the Houston area. So much more work needs to be done to with regards to race relations in this country.