WILL PAULA DEEN PRODUCTS BE PULLED FROM STORES?

There has been a huge uproar after Food Network star Paula Deen admitted to using racial slurs in the past.

Executives at the cable channel have  decided not to renew her contract once the current one expires in a month.

The question I have now is will the other shoe drop for Deen?

Meaning will her products be pulled off the shelves at major retailers like Walmart?

I was in a local store this week and noticed Deen’s food products and cooking products like pots and pans are still being sold.

Retailers could feel the pressure from the public to remove her products from their stores as well.

The question for you is should her products be removed or has she paid the price by losing her high profile cooking show?

Let me hear your opinion right here on the blog!

1. Craig June 23, 2013 11:08 am

No and they shouldn’t be. The next time a black person slips up we(even those who didn’t get outraged or fake outraged) Will regret not pulling back after she was fired and relentlessly ridiculed AFTER an apology. Eye for and eye tooth for a tooth. Black folk are mad at the wrong perceived racist if u ask me and the amount of disrespect being shown to an old lady is disgusting. What happens when a famous old black lady get hate like this? The media is controlling the Paula Deen story any way not us black folk no matter how much they think. I’m in the south right now, I know a rcist when I see on, Paula is not it, old yes racist no.

• Tammy July 4, 2013 4:55 pm

I guess Publix and on line businesses will get ALL my business now. Boycotting Walmart, Target and QVC till this country becomes independent thinkers again and foolishness stops. This is independence day, did everyone forget what that is for?

2. Nita June 23, 2013 11:24 am

I hope they don’t, I think that they are seeing people don’t give a crap about these people’s personal lives. We love their food…. He who lives in a glass house should NOT throw stones…. What do we NOT know about the food network and the people who run it??? No, really….

3. Sandy June 23, 2013 1:24 pm

It should be a wake up call for her and anyone who uses hurtful words…especially when they know it comes from a place that did and said hurtful things. How ironic that it came out during Juneteenth. Besides, the folks she called the “N” word were her primary supporters and are the reason she made $17 million last year. Tell her to take a seat, take several seats. Stick a fork in her, shes done.

• Candace June 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Your a jackass she said this over 20 years ago!! Get over it! At least she was truthful when ask under Oath if she had ever used that word. This whole story is a crock of s***!

4. brison June 23, 2013 1:32 pm

I don’t think stores will pull the product as long as it sells. I think itIts more to do with the same thing as Hank Williams. Everyone may understand what you meant, but corporations aren’t going to stand for anything that may cause them embarrassment.

5. Deborah June 23, 2013 2:05 pm

I think you like to keep think stirred up! He who is without sin cast the first stone! Enough said

6. Raygon F June 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Why do Black people even use Paula Deen’s recipes or buy these products? Don’t we already have the recipes…. Aren’t they Black recipes to begin with? Isn’t Southern cuisine essentially Black food, since slaves were the ones cooking?
    You cannot separate the history from the food because therein lies reasons why the food can be unhealthy. Slaves didn’t get to eat meat often so they preserved the meat that they did get by frying. And it’s heavy food, so even if you don’t have enough, you can eat a little and feel full. It’s survival food. But today, all that isn’t really necessary and that’s why if you eat too much of it, it’ll debilitate our digestive systems.
    The classless sentiments that People of Color are extending to this woman is exhausting, but the real problem is not with the Paula Deen’s of the world. Its our internalized need to receive pats on the head from a pale hand regardless of how pathetic it makes us look.

7. Yael Keys June 24, 2013 5:50 am

Ok, I will fix my lips and tongue to fully engage this opinion of mine in which I am entitled. Why bother? She has made a good purse thus far. So, what difference will it make in Paula’s life? And to top it off she is up in age and she also suffers from diabetes. Paula was bold enough to say it and bold enough to say she said it! So, she seemingly does not give a care to lie about not saying it and with this response from Deen speaks volumes…She does not give a shit! By pulling her products who will they be sending a message to? Most of us have spoken racist words and joked about other ethnicities and some of us would deny the fact that they made statements just to keep our jobs. But at least she did not deny what she stated. So it’s one of those circumstances where you just lift your left brow and move on…because Paula Deen sure has. Paula Deen, Jimmy Deen or Sara Lee send the products to the homeless (if they remove from the markets) they will eat it! Anyone starving would’nt care if David Duke’s name was on those food packages. They are starving and just want to eat!

8. Lucas Jackson June 24, 2013 9:53 am

Meanwhile, not an ounce of “outrage” when some members of the black community and/or rappers use the word in every other sentence. Doesn’t count then?

9. Rae Rae June 24, 2013 9:02 pm

First of all. It was not a black person that filed the claim.. This was a Caucasian female who filled the claim. She also observed physical and sexual abuse from the minority workers who in return did not react out of violence, instead working in fear and under duress.. So with that being said I ask that you review your statement Craig. Do you think that it is right for employees to take on depraved indifference from their employers?

10. Teresa June 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Why is she the only one to have ever said anything wrong.I’m so sure nobody else has ever said anthing
    Bad.I stand behind her.Its someone looking for money.She has been hurt herself.Why can Chris Rock call white people crackers is that hurtful to the whites.My how things look diff on the otherside.

11. bren July 9, 2013 2:19 pm

Paula should not have said what she did during her interview. The white person that made the complaint is correct. we have been called niggers for a long time and still are, and she goes on TV and makes a public announcement, but thought it was okay because of who she is. I think she got what she deserves. Black people were paying high prices for her products, then she uses the N word. I have talked to people that have gone to Las Vegas and said Paula Deen’s food does not taste that good anyway.

• Lucas Jackson July 10, 2013 10:52 am

But you turn the other way when members of the black community use the word repeatedly, every day? You are OK with the word being in many, many hip hop songs? Why?

12. terri kelley July 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I have enjoyed watching Paula over the years. I am applaud at the network. I will not watch it anymore. What is wrong with this world? Something that was said years ago doesn’t make a person a racist. Just listen to the lyriqs in their own music! They use the N word often. I also own many of Paula’s recipe books and will buy her new one if it comes out. I want Paula to know I support her no matter what happened. The TV network should have open minds. There are far worse words on TV these days.