HARRIS COUNTY INMATES COMPLAIN ABOUT FROZEN BOLOGNA!

For years I’ve heard complaints from Harris County jail inmates about the quality of food.

Specifically, those behind bars have been complaining about frozen bologna and cookies served for lunch and dinner.

Detainees like Francisco Diez says it’s unfair how inmates are forced to eat the frozen solid cold cuts.

He too complained about cold and frozen cookies just this week in the county lockup.

The Factor placed a call to officials at the Harris County jail and they released this statement:

Isiah,  in reference to your questions about frozen cookies and bologna being served to inmates.  I spoke with the dietician of the inmate kitchen, and she told me that on the weekends inmates are served a sandwich lunch.  The bologna is pulled from the freezer ahead of the serving, it is cold  but not frozen.  The cookies are kept in dry storage and never in a freezer….Gill

Thomas M Gilliland
Deputy  Media Relations / Public information Officer
Executive Bureau

1. Steel August 15, 2013 5:03 am

While there is a story about the definitely frozen bologna sandwichs. I know,I have had to wrap a blanket around me to keep my teeth from chattering while I ate the artic bologna. The real story would lie in the abuse given to inmates on a daily bases by the so called upholders of the law. You should see how deputies and officers line up with there padded gloves(as to not leave cut or open wounds on the inmates) waiting to get in a door that sounds of death just as it opens. Then, just be beatin and locked down just for trying to write a grievance on the excessive use of force on the demeaned and beatin inmate. To be held there and beatin until you have lost your mind or pleaded a lie saying you would never mention it again. Only to wait for the right moment to let the truth soar like a flock of informative eagles.i hope you look into this and see how many responses you get on the abuse in harris county!

Thanks,
    The abused

2. B. Lee Burin August 15, 2013 6:11 pm

I could care less about what these criminals have to say about the FREE food they eat at taxpayers expense. I could care less whether they like it or not. Feed them roadkill for all I care. If they don’t want to eat terrible food, then stop committing crimes! DUH!

3. TowerofPiwer August 16, 2013 4:33 am

Sorry, but jail ain’t suppose to be like staying at the Hilton. Here’s just another reason to try and stay out of there.

4. bobby Armstrong August 16, 2013 4:54 am

I’ve personally been at the harris county facility and I’ve personally had a frozen sandwich it had ice on it u get fed better in prison then in county.

5. Ms paula walker August 16, 2013 7:02 pm

I have gone to see my family member and the speakers don,t work. And the prfanity that goes with it. They need to stop and change that I know they here it all

6. Charles X August 18, 2013 5:35 pm

The saying “don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time” couldn’t fit any better. These criminals have ZERO right to complain, they lost those rights when they were convicted.

@Steel, you want to complain about inmate abuse? While I don’t support police brutality, the pain they’re being put through is NOTHING compared to the pain they put their victims’ friends and family through.

There are plenty of people out there struggling to make ends meet and who can barely feed themselves and their families. To hell with these criminals who have the nerve to complain when they are living off OUR tax dollars for doing absolutely nothing all day. Shut your mouths, do your time and pay your debt to society. Hopefully the guilt of their crimes changes them for the better by the time they are up for release.

7. Tiffany August 20, 2013 12:44 pm

The conditions are unacceptable, but people would say ,”CRIMINALS, THUGS, GANG MEMBERS”.. despite what they are these inmates are in for, they shouldn’t be treated like animals. you wouldn’t your FAMILY MEMBER to eat a frozen sandwhich along with stale bread and brown wilted salad( i am pretty sure that salad has other things living in there who knows )??? No soap to keep there clothes clean, nor working phone keep the communication between there love one’s ??