HISD was alerted of a gas leak at about 11:15 a.m. near Dowling Middle School. The safety of students is always a top priority. As such, the school was immediately evacuated and the gas was shut off. No students or teachers were injured, however, several students were treated on-site for anxiety attacks and complications with asthma. The school nurse was also treated for breathing issues.
As of 12:20, the building has been cleared for use by the Houston Fire Department and Centerpoint.
School will resume with a modified lunch schedule.