Mayor Annise Parker, officials with the Houston Department of Health and Human Services (HDHHS) and Reliant, area seniors and disabled residents

Officials will kick off this summer’s distribution of portable air conditioners to seniors and disabled residents of Houston and Harris County. The elderly are particularly vulnerable to the heat. It takes seniors nearly twice the time of younger people to return to core body temperature after exposure to extreme outdoor temperatures. The Harris County Area Agency on Aging, a division of HDHHS, will distribute the air conditioners to those who lack a unit in their homes.

Visuals: This summer’s first recipient of an air conditioner will attend the news conference and be available for interviews.

Thursday, June 25, 2015; 10 am to 10:30 a.m.

Magnolia Multi-Service Center, 7037 Capitol Street

1. Linda Carter June 23, 2015 6:11 pm

How do I sign my 90 yr. Old Mom for the free Air conditioning system?

2. tonette Thompson June 23, 2015 6:26 pm

How do I get one for my mom ?thank you.713-692-9266

• l.evans August 18, 2015 11:22 am

I would like to be considered for ac unit for my 83 year old sister who lives on the northside,

3. Shirley Jefferson June 23, 2015 6:29 pm

I would like to sign my mother to get a free Air Conditioning Systems. I’m not able to take off June 25, 2015 so what would I need to do to get her sign up? Thanks

4. Adrienne Jackson June 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Is there something that can be completed on line to apply for the air conditioner?

5. Mary Alvarez June 25, 2015 7:35 pm

Good afternoon, I was wondering how can I sign my mother on getting an Air Conditioning system she is 83 yrs old .My # 713-459-8340 and name is Mary Alvarez
    Thank you so much for thinking of the elderly,

6. billie wilson June 25, 2015 10:28 pm

My 12 year. Old grandson isaiah needs an air condistioner because he is disable and needs to stay cool billie wilson 713 6921798

7. CYNTHIA ACOSTA July 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Hello I’m interested in the portable A/Cs for seniors and disable people in need of support in A/C assistance. I have been on dialysis for about 15 years started in 2002. You can contact my social and see that my income in not very much and would appreciate if I could qualify for one of the portable A?C because I also have respritory problems .You can contact me at 281-974-8099.
    Thank you in advance for your attention .C.ACOSTA

8. Cecil Palmer August 7, 2015 5:01 pm

how can I register my sister, she is 70yrs old and is on a fix income and really needs some help. Please help her I don’t know who else to ask. Her house is falling in and she is burning up in this heat? Please help

9. Felicia Gray August 7, 2015 5:51 pm

Hello I’m interested in the portable A/cs for seniors and disable people in the need of support in A/c assistance. I have an eighteen year old adult son who has asthma and bronchitis who uses a nebulizer and an inhaler everyday, I also have a 30 year old disable mentally ill daughter who has to stay cool or she will get sick, I need a air conditioner so me and four adult children can stay cool, because we are burning up everyday with this dangerous heat that is going to come this weekend. I would like to see if I qualify for A/C assistance program, you could reach me at (832)614-2776 and my four adult children is on low income.

10. Pamela Buchanan August 13, 2015 5:53 pm

I am moving to a house that does not have aircondition and i am 52 years old and on disability. I have chronic bronchitis, osteoarthritis and use a nebulizer. I also have Multiple Sclerosis that is in remission at this time but I still cannot be in the heat. Can you please help me get an aircondition unit please.

11. Pamela Buchanan August 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Oh my phone number is 832-599-1064

12. Hattie Godine August 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi I would like to know how I can receive and air conditioning unit for my mother she is 75 year old senior citizen.

13. Hattie Godine August 13, 2015 7:18 pm

My phone number is 2819781910 Hattie Godine searching for an air conditioner unit for my mom which is a senior citizen.

14. Tiffany August 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi Isaiah, I was wondering how could I get my mom an accident unit. I was recently laid off and she a disable senior. Let me know if there is anything possible for her. I’d appreciate it and have a great weekend.

15. Vanessa king August 17, 2015 6:17 pm