One man is dead after a collision between a car and motorcycle in South Houston this afternoon.

It happened just after 4 pm Tuesday when the vehicle and the motorcycle rider crashed on Highway 3 at Virginia Avenue.

Police released few details but it was clear the motorcyclist was dead at the scene.

The young female driver of the car was questioned while our crew was there…

No word if any tickets will be issued or if charges will be filed.

1. Cynthia July 15, 2015 10:16 am

I was leaving work and traffic was still going by while the young man was laying there with blood everywhere, no blanket for over 15 minutes, first responders were at the scene but no blanket. They could have covered him as I could hardly sleep after seeing that.

• Anonymous July 21, 2015 4:50 pm

I knew that guy

2. Bill July 17, 2015 7:43 am

This young man lived three doors from my home. He left a wife and two young children both under age 10. We had worked on a couple work projects before later discovering we were neighbors.

This kind of news always seem surreal.

3. Rudy Valdez July 17, 2015 4:15 pm

This was one of my best friends we grew up together. He leaves behing a wife and and two young children. He was a really good guy and family man. May you rest in peace Juan Diaz you are in heaven now GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

• Isiah Carey July 20, 2015 7:55 am

Hey Rudy,

so sorry for your loss.

• Anonymous July 22, 2015 12:25 pm

What happens to the other driver that was involved, was she ticketed or charged? I was a passerby when this just happened and saw the poor guy just laying there before the cops arrived. It was a terrible sight to see!

4. Bill July 22, 2015 10:27 pm

In any automobile accident in which any death results, even if the driver appears to not be at fault, the case is typically referred to a grand jury. The investigating officer report may include sufficient witness testimony or vehicle forensic evidence to determine visibility or traffic conditions coupled with time of day, angle of the sun and the driver of either that results in no charges being filed against the driver of the car involved in the accident.

The bottom line is it may take a few weeks before the final case disposition has been issued.

Juan was my neighbor, though we were not real close. We came to know each other from a CenterPoint Energy project years ago. My wife and I have visited many times with his wife and two children.

Regardless of our belief in the existence of God, the instant we pass, for all eternity onward, we will know, and there’s no second chance,

5. Anonymous July 22, 2015 11:59 pm

He was a great man, his passing has impacted many lives, and for some of us it will never be the same.