Here’s the latest update from the corporate spokesman for Krispy Kreme.  It appears our favorite donut store won’t make a return to Houston until the end of August. This is despite the company saying July 21st would be the opening date just two weeka ago. I asked about the Highway 6 location and here’s the response I received Wednesday morning from rep Darryl Carr:

construction is still ongoing and we don’t have an opening date set in stone, however, we hope to open towards the end of August. We’ll let you know when the opening date is confirmed.

1. Bridget Hill July 15, 2015 9:47 am

That sucks! I was so excited about the opening next week and now, not until August. I’m so disappointed!!!#!

2. Erica July 15, 2015 3:02 pm

That sucks I’m really really disappointed I’ve been waiting for months now so how about you not tell us it’s coming and just come on I’m tied of getting my hopes up

3. Colin July 19, 2015 7:57 am

First it was Feb, then April, then June, and now Aug. I’ve seen skyscrapers go up quicker than this. Something’s wrong and I’m starting to wonder now if houston will ever see a kris kreme.

• JJ July 19, 2015 4:11 pm

I totally agree with you Colin.

4. C urt July 21, 2015 6:13 pm

Been 9 yrs since the last one why now ?

5. Thomas July 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Crap, how long does it take for some Mexican wet loser backs to build a krispy kreme. They built my 550k home in cinco ranch in half this amount of time. Andele andele arriba arriba Pedro and Juan.

• Jesus July 31, 2015 3:49 am

You my son have a problem. Put your Confederate Battle flag down and seek some help.

• Thatsnotwhatyourmomsaid August 1, 2015 5:52 pm

All those Mexicans are delayed from running a train on your mom.

6. KRISPY August 1, 2015 4:51 pm

I was told the delay was due to delay in getting building permits. Shipley’s is down the street and Kolache Factory is next door. Two local establishments… Building permits my a$$

7. chris August 1, 2015 8:10 pm

I simply don’t car any more

8. JT August 4, 2015 6:51 pm

The delay isn’t in permits anymore, they got those. They’ve been moving everything inside, last time I drove by about a week ago there were some boxes in there that were being unpacked, and a ladder. There was also an RV in front probably for the construction guys. They’ve got to train workers too, and the PR guy said they hope to open in August.

• Rob August 5, 2015 9:58 am

They’ve cried wolf so often no one believes a word that comes out of their mouths anymore. Their new opening day is …
      Hopefully when they do open, their operation isnt the huge cluster f that their construction has been.

9. JT August 9, 2015 1:50 pm

They’ve got a now hiring sign outside and have tweeted about it….looks like this is it.

10. Thatsnotwhatyourmomsaid August 11, 2015 9:59 pm

The closed down Arby’s at Westheimer and Fondren is being refurbished as a KK.

11. Mic Jaggard August 27, 2015 1:38 pm

We’re now “towards the end of August”. where’s my doughnut?

• Rob August 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Check back around Christmas…..2016

12. Adam September 17, 2015 2:00 pm

any updates? when will a freakin’ KK open up around here already… its National Pirate Day this wkend on Saturday the 19th & KK is giving out free donuts in celebration nationwide… just wish one was open here as promised a long time ago :/