Press Release: On Sunday, September 6, 2015, Minister Quanell X, New Black Panther Nation & New Black Muslims leader, will hold a fundraiser for fallen Harris County Sheriff Officer Deputy Darren Goforth who was fatally shot during an ambush at a Cypress gas station, last Friday (August 28th). Deputy Goforth was shot 15 times while he was pumping his gas. The fundraiser will take place this Sunday-(Sept. 6) on the corner of Hwy 288 & Southmore-(in front of the Denny’s) at 5:00PM.
Quanell X has invited other African-American leaders, along with the community to attend the fundraiser. ALL monies donated will go directly to Deputy Goforth’s family, for the future education of his children.

WHAT: Community Fundraiser – (for fallen HCSO Deputy Darren Goforth)

WHEN: Sunday, September 6, 2015

WHERE: Corner of Hwy 288 & Southmore, (in front of Denny’s)

TIME: 5:00PM

1. Alberto Feliciano September 3, 2015 7:35 pm

Wow, I applaude you Mr. Quanell. Thank you for stepping up and being a true leader. This is a step in the right direction…Not just for White people, Black people, Hispanic people BUT ALL people. There is to much dividedness in this world, community leaders like yourself are in great positions to bring everyone together. This is being part of the solution, a solution we need.

• Karen Merkel September 5, 2015 10:51 am

Absolutely agree!!!!

• A Officier's parent September 6, 2015 10:20 am

Deceptive, not from the heart

2. Denise W September 3, 2015 10:36 pm

Would you like to sell some “Remembrance Ribbons” for Deputy Goforth’s fundraiser?

Please let me know.

3. Anonymous September 3, 2015 11:08 pm

I think I’m gonna puke

4. Anonymous September 3, 2015 11:39 pm

Ditto on the “puke” comment!!

5. travis September 4, 2015 1:42 am

Isiah, you have to be joking? Please don’t associate Q-Tip with any Law Enforcement. He is not liked, he is not trusted! He has shown the exact opposite. I hope you feel good knowing that he is money hungry and to put anything out there about raising money for the Deputy is out right disgraceful.

6. Kerry September 4, 2015 9:52 am

Wow, I am impressed.

7. Robbie James September 4, 2015 12:22 pm

Yjou have got to be kidding me. This fool and his foolish followers are partly, if not wholly, to blame for the death of Deputy Goforth. The incendiary rhetoric these fools have spewed over the last few weeks and months can be directly contributed to this tragedy. I totally agree with the puking comments above.

• LaToya September 4, 2015 2:17 pm

So simple minded to think such. And to think you use common sense. Sick

8. Anonymous September 4, 2015 2:12 pm

Wow i c a lot of mixed feelings. At the end of the day though the good suffers with the bad as in any other bad situation in life.

9. LaToya September 4, 2015 2:15 pm

To the two anonymous idiots shut up and and go kill yourselves. It’s idiots as your selves that keep things going in the streets. What are you assholes doing to help? I thought so nothing. So have several seats and stay anonymous cause no one wants to know who the cowards are behind you irrelevant comments.

10. Elizabeth September 4, 2015 4:05 pm

I have never been a fan of Mr. X BUT whatever his motive is, is his. If he is willing to help this family then i applaud the man. It starts somewhere. Really people? Break free from the hate.

• A Officier's parent September 6, 2015 10:12 am

he is lining his pocket with the collections,

11. Anonymous September 4, 2015 5:52 pm

I don’t like it because Houston don’t come and support when it happens to a black officer

• A Officier's parent September 6, 2015 10:15 am

Not true, every officer gets full honors, why don’t you step up and organize memorial if your offeded. What stopping you from raising your voice and put it together. Stop blaming others for what you can do

• Karen Merkel September 6, 2015 2:23 pm

So you actually believe that if this man was black and was ambushed at a gas station while he pumped gas and was shot 15 times by another black man that there would be no outrage??? Think again sir… Cops have a duty to protect us ALL! When I need help and I call 911 do you think I care if a black officer, white, or Mexican officer comes? No way!! We care that we are protected and treated fairly as we should! This is presumed to be a crime against officers NOT a crime against white people.

12. Earnest Wright September 4, 2015 5:55 pm

If in a moment we could simply put aside our prejudices, hold back any words of hate or disrespect after reading the same; why not try again, and again if needed, to work together as one. I am a 65 year old white man, I have experienced many ups and downs in my life. I, like all humans have strong opinions, but there is no greater feeling than what I have felt during the few times that I closed my eyes, my mouth, and opened my heart (mind). We will never always agree with all others, but we will only become strong if we always at least try to understand and respect each other.

13. Jacob September 5, 2015 10:27 am

Don’t believe it people. He is a crook and will keep the money! He takes advantage of the situation to make himself look good. Please people don’t fall for this! He himself has said to kill white people in river oaks. He’s a POS

• A Officier's parent September 6, 2015 10:16 am

You are correct, he hates police, he seen the monies others raised, his eye’s got $$$, It not form the heart.

• Karen Merkel September 6, 2015 2:17 pm

You contradict yourself “officer relative.” You don’t support someone who has notoriously been against CRIMES that are committed from cops wanting to support an INNOCENT mans death who is a cop?You don’t know his motive and whatever his motive or whatever you believe his motive is, is an assumption and a negative one at that. What good is it to just continue to be skeptical of people’s motives when trying to seemingly do a good thing? That’s like saying… Oh this kid is a bad kid so, no way he will ever be good. Give people the benefit of the doubt and a chance and maybe, just maybe they will surprise you. He does not support killing of cops. He supports CRIMES against innocent people from cops and in particular his followers and his black community. I think his obligation as a leader of his community is to make sure it is clear to his followers and believers that he does not support killing ANY innocent man or woman on either end. Cops that perform criminal acts need to be punished by the law just as any criminal should. This does NOT mean that as a public we need to kill or take it upon ourselves to seek justice out of what we believe to be true, that’s what these lunatic murderers do with their own criminal acts. The justice system should do that. No innocent person should ever be killed especially our law enforcement bc we need them to enforce law and order for everyone’s sake. Not just white people but everyone as a society needs law and order. I just can’t fathom why you or anyone would not approve of someone who has been outspoken about cop crimes actually helping a family that had a man who was brutally killed by a crime?? He seeks justice for crimes… Not killing of innocent police men and he does not support killing anyone. I am not a member or follower of his, however, I did write him recently and spoke with him and he was very clear he does not condone killing of anyone and he grieved for this officers family. For whatever his motives are, media, money, or attention, it’s a step in the right direction and should be applauded and not just assumed people won’t change and are incapable of doing the right thing. It’s this very attitude, that keeps America stagnant and full of stubborn attitudes that do nothing for change.

14. Karen Merkel September 5, 2015 10:46 am

Thank you Quanell X! This a great way to show your community and the world that no, it isn’t right to mistreat anyone and it is never justified to kill an innocent man no matter who it is. I applaud your efforts! For those who insult his efforts to help the deputy, you ARE part of the problem. Instead of continuing hate on both ends, maybe you should learn love instead. Sometimes adults need to be the better person and for comments such as “puke” shows you clearly have no education or knowledge of what being a good person means which makes you part of the problem!

15. Doyle September 5, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks K, your efforts are appreciated. You made a difference

16. Kevin September 5, 2015 12:25 pm

Ignorance breeds ignorance, hate breeds hate, and yes equally true…love breeds love, just as acts of kindness can open the doors to more kindness. A friend of mine wrote a letter to a man with a request. That man has taken action to put a positive step forward…for “The” community.
    Everyone has agendas…and there will never be acts of true “altruism”…but acts of good are always acts of good.
    Haters…I wish you peace & wisdom. Mr. X…I commend the peace and wisdom you have shown in your actions. Supporters of Mr. X, and his acts of peace & wisdom to support Deputy Goforths family during this very sad time…I Thank You!

• A Officier's parent September 6, 2015 10:18 am

I don’t hate, but X contributions are not welcome, how dare him use the Goforth name to put money in his pockets.

• Anonymous September 6, 2015 3:20 pm

This is YOUR assumption!! Not fact. Make educated comments before you start making them.

17. Steve September 5, 2015 9:13 pm

Let’s show the nation that Houston is not Baltimore or Ferguson and that we can unite as one. I appauled Quanell if in fact his heart and soul are in the right place. As a white law enforcement officer, this event involving Deputy Goforth has really set us back with regard to ‘profiling’ young black males whom walk among us. Am I going to suffer the same fate as Deputy Goforth or what?

18. Retired September 5, 2015 9:33 pm

old Ralph Evans is a POS and does nothing that does benifit him or his agenda…he is a nafarious snake in the grass and should not be trusted…his money is dirty. Him and his cronies along with the houston POS media contantly stir the racial pot evey day and are a big reason why deputy was gunned down in cold blood

19. Bob September 6, 2015 9:52 am

20. Bob September 6, 2015 9:53 am

Thank you for your support.

21. A Officier's parent September 6, 2015 10:10 am

Definitely would NOT accept Quenelle’x to collect one red cents on my loved one behalf, you could not use my families name to line your pockets with greed. His actions promotes violence and brings tensions (which he confuses as peace), one who must bare responsibly for the reasons our city tension are high. He has always speaks hatred for police, now all of sudden when money is involved he grieves, don’t buy it.
    Keep whatever funds you gather, after you line your pockets, use the remaining to organize class that teaches young boys and girls How to comply with an officer in future.

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil,but by those’s who watch them without doing anything – Albert Einstein.

22. Annoymous September 6, 2015 11:24 am

He is probably going to give the money to the murderers family

• Black Power September 7, 2015 7:04 am

You are a stupid Motherfucker

23. A Officier's parent September 6, 2015 12:16 pm

Don’t want or need his BLODD DOLLARS, he is parcially the cause of Officer Gorfoth cold blooded murder

24. Retired September 6, 2015 1:09 pm

issah your a joke for a reporter and a real POS..you, your station and the houston media who give this community AGGITATOR hours upon hours, day after day, years upon years of airtime and broardcast his spewing venom of hate all in the name of the almighty TV RATINGS…let me remind you how your pal RALPH EVANS was kicked out of that POS Louis Farakhan’s national hate group for stating “KILL WHITE BABIES”.. he is nothing more than a nafarious, obama supporting, Chicago dope dealing thug gang member, who exploites and prays on his own black community just like his mentors, jessie jackson, al sharpton, etc..etc.. if i was the family of any slain officer, i would be outraged and decline and denounce any and all thing having to do with this criminal

25. Anonymous LEO wife September 6, 2015 9:20 pm

As an LEO wife I would NEVER accept anything from this man …

26. RALPH September 7, 2015 1:58 am

Ralph just wants air time He’s on Fox’s payroll and rips off the people he tries to help.. Eat D##K..

27. concern citizen September 7, 2015 9:11 am

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your boyfriend has come home drunk and is beating you again.

Today I will not answer the radio call that your 16 year old daughter, who is very responsible, is four hours late coming home from school.

Today I will not answer the radio call that your store has been robbed or your house has been burglarized.

Today I will not stop a drunk driver from killing someone. I will not catch a rapist or a murderer or a car thief.

Today I will not answer the radio call that a man has a gun or tried to abduct a child or that someone has been stabbed or has been in a terrible accident.

Today I will not save your child that you locked in a car or the child you were to busy to watch who went outside and fell into the swimming pool, but that I revived. No, today I will not do that.

Today, I was suspended from duty for doing my job, because the media, liberals, a community organizer, a lawyer who formally represented terrorists and is the US attorney general and a mayor who ran on an anti-police agenda, who are all advised by a drug dealer, liar and income tax cheat. AND, all who know nothing about Policing, have vilified my profession.

Because …

Today I was killed by a drunk driver while I was helping push a disabled car off the highway.

Today I was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop to simply tell someone that they had a taillight out.

Today I was killed in a traffic accident rushing to help a citizen.

Today I was shot and killed serving a warrant on a known drug dealer.

Today I was killed by a man when I came by to do a welfare check because his family was too busy.

Today I was killed trying to stop a bank robbery or a grocery store robbery. Today I was killed doing my job.

A chaplain and an officer will go to a house and tell a mom and dad or a wife or husband or a child that their son or daughter or husband or wife or father or mother won’t be coming home today. The flags at many police stations were flown at half-mast today but most people won’t know why. There will be a funeral and my fellow officers will come, a twenty-one-gun salute will be given, and taps will be played as I am laid to rest. My name will be put on a plaque, on a wall, in a building, in a city somewhere. A folded flag will be placed on a mantel or a bookcase in a home somewhere and a family will mourn.

There will be no cries for justice. There will be no riots in the streets.

There will be no officers marching, screaming “no justice, no peace”.

No citizens will scream that something must be done. No windows will be smashed, no cars burned, no stones thrown, no names called. Only someone crying themselves to sleep tonight will be the only sign that I was cared about.

I was a police officer

28. Retired September 7, 2015 5:07 pm

outstanding post..thats exactly why good officers are bailing out of this profession. thats why i retired and left that cespool of a city “doing my job, because the media, liberals, a community organizer, a lawyer who formally represented terrorists and is the US attorney general and a mayor who ran on an anti-police agenda, who are all advised by a drug dealer, liar and income tax cheat. AND, all who know nothing about Policing, have vilified my profession.”
    we did not become cops to be rich, we did it because we cared, but they continue to reduce and take our benifits along with the fact that the mission expecting to be done is always greater than the tools they are willing to provide to do such mission.

29. David Brouwer September 9, 2015 5:06 pm

why is there no way to comment on what I feel is the Isiah Carey 9/8/2015 incendiary and irresponsible reporting of the Southern Student Leadership Association’s demand for an apology from Houston DA & Houston Sheriff concerning remarks about the divisive and inflammatory rhetoric that was a likely factor in the association of Deputy Goforth. There was nothing in either the Sheriff’s or DA Devon Andersons’s remarks that should be apologized for.
    In fact your giving airtime to a blatantly rascist fringe organization is offensive. “Black” lives matters is a patently rascist organization as would be a “white” lives matter movement.
    I try to watch your news reports because I think generally you try to present angles and opinions, particularly from the black community, that will that provide balance or another side to a story. In this case you catered to and gave voice to a very small and insignificant group who chose to use words that should have every citizen demanding an apology from them.

You sir, are not trying to improve race relations with stories like this, you are becoming part of the problem rather than the solution.
    Thank God all 3 other major networks in Houston didn’t dignify these young men’s mis-guided comments by giving it a voice.
    I hope the Southern Student Leadership Association will go back to their announced objectives : To raise the consciousness of the Black community
    To teach Black children about the importance of loving themselves and one another, with the hopes of decreasing Black on Black crime in Houston
    To teach Black youth about the importance of owning and supporting Black-owned businesses, which will create jobs and decrease the unemployment rate in the Black community; and
    To teach Black youth how to eat to live, so that the life expectancy of Black people will be raised and many of the negative health problems that plague the Black community will decrease

Maybe the SSLA should go back to focusing on honorable goals instead of race-baiting activist rhetoric.