It’s time for an Isiah Factor exclusive. For the first time we are taking you inside the new Krispy Kreme store located on Highway 6 in northwest Harris County. While inside the store I ran into a regional manager who said they plan to open 8 stores in the Houston area over the next few years. She says the Westheimer store will be the first to open by the middle of the (October) month.

The manager says the Highway 6 store is expected to open at the end of October. Why? That Krispy Kreme rep said they wanted to open the largest store first and that would be the Westheimer location. We’re told that store will be able to produce 200 dozens of donuts per hour while the Highway 6 location can handle only 100 dozen per hour.

The manager also said we can expect stores near Katy and even on Kuykendahl in the Spring. So let’s start the countdown guys!

1. Kyle October 2, 2015 9:01 pm

What date exactly in mid-Oct? It’s not listed on their website, and I need to be there! This has been a long, agonizing wait Isiah and I can’t wait much longer for those warm smooth glazed donuts to melt in my mouth.

2. Shannon October 3, 2015 10:37 am

I’ve been looking forward to hwy6 location grand opening but now, I’m over it. Delay after delay. As a payback for all the frustration, I’d like to see a boycott. We can tell KK that we’ll start coming in sometime in November. We’ve waited this long, what’s another few weeks? Imagine the headlines.

3. Shannon October 3, 2015 10:41 am

Who’s with me?

4. Bob October 4, 2015 8:21 am

Shannon: Nobody.

5. Rob October 5, 2015 10:11 am

Shannon = Shipley lurker…

6. Robert October 9, 2015 12:54 am

Any interest I had in KK has died over the last few months of delay after delay. Undoubtedly people will flock to it when it opens but I won’t be one of them. I have never seen a more poorly planned re-entry of a business into a market. I’m sure they could really careless because much like other popular business, they have a product people want and know people will show up like drones whenever it opens. Cynically I am waiting to see what else they forgot to do or plan for, if only a matter of time.

P.S. Isiah you are too good of a journalist to waste any more of your time reporting on these idiots no matter how many donuts they promise you. Keep up the good work.

7. cali October 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Does anyone know the exact date?

8. Anonymous October 29, 2015 12:07 pm

the date has been released. less than a week away.