Hello Isiah,

My colleague Jake forwarded your e-mail. Please find below a statement from Rick Savard, CEO and Chairman of RushCard:

In an ongoing effort to upgrade and create new services for our customers, RushCard underwent a technology transition to a new transaction processing partner Monday morning. During this process, many of our customers were adversely affected when the technology that was used to transition their accounts did not work as planned.

RushCard is working around the clock to resolve all of these matters. We have restored many of our customers’ accounts, but we acknowledge that there are still customers that need their accounts fixed and their problems resolved.

We know how important our cards are to people who use them to conduct their daily lives. We apologize for the inconveniences and for the hardships that many of our customers are currently facing.

We will stay in regular contact with our customers until these matters are fully resolved. You can visit us on Facebook or twitter @RushCard for additional and consistent updates.

1. Aubrey Turner October 14, 2015 3:19 pm

I really need to b contacted because I have bills that’s needs to b paid n my direct deposit is not posting … I need a resolution ASAP and response ..

2. Kevin x jackson October 14, 2015 3:43 pm

This is complete bullshit the second time man the third will be the last for me with you guys i.want my money asap..

3. vanessa October 14, 2015 3:51 pm

I really need some to contact soon. This is truly an unnecessary strain.

4. Jessica October 14, 2015 3:58 pm

This is outrageous. I have a car payment and several other bills due and my account is blocked. I also am concerned of the reoccurring pending charges I see on my account history. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I have no gas, need food, and my direct deposit is no where to be found.

5. Syd October 14, 2015 4:04 pm

I cant believe this! I am reporting this company to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This is the second incident I have had with this company with withholding funds. When I get my funds I will surely be closing this account!!!!!

6. Micka Walker October 14, 2015 5:35 pm

This is horrible we are all affected terribly by this people have bills to pay, feed our children’s, some of us have payment arrangements to pay our rent right now and nobody know what’s going on. Who going to help us when a while familys get locked out of there home due to this mess that’s going on I am highly pissed off.

7. Danielle Smith October 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I am contacting a lawyer, the local news and the BBB about this. We have absolutely NO money now because both my husband and I use Rushcard. We have two children at home and cannot even buy any FOOD! No gas to get to work…nothing. I am beyond pissed off and will take every step possible to not only get both of our money but file a lawsuit against the company and expose them for the horrible HORRIBLE people that they obviously are…

You can explain to my children why they cannot eat tonight..and to my land lord as to why I cannot pay rent tomorrow..and to my boss as to why I can’t make it into work because I have NO GAS. This makes me sick to my stomach. I hope this company faces consequences for this scandal. They like to refer to it as a “glitch”. Well I’m here to tell you…it is much much more!!!

8. Ada Harris October 14, 2015 6:35 pm

I will be contacting my lawyer as well in regards to this matter and will close my account asap.

9. Nessa October 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Please do not tell us that other people’s accounts have been restored while mine is not. This is troublesome to say the least. I can’t even reach anybody on the phone e to ask questions. Where is Russell when this is his company. Yes this is a first that never should have happened. Do this on the 5-8 of the month not close the the 1st a d 15th. Poor service

10. Yolanda Jackson October 15, 2015 7:35 am

Sooo, they say you will not get your funds up to 2 days before but you will get it on your actual payday! WELL MY PAYDAY IS TODAY, WERE IS MY MONEY!!!

11. Kirstin October 15, 2015 7:38 am

It’s payday! Where’s my money!?

12. Reggie October 15, 2015 9:19 am

I’m leaving this damn company as soon as I get all of my funds. Russel isn’t gonna give up any money to compensate for his mistake in choice of technology which caused me to have a late mortgage payment, car note, and the fact I had to borrow money to feed my kids! This is bogus

13. Tiffiny October 15, 2015 10:58 am

I really need my money I wish someone just let me know when is it coming

14. Jordan October 15, 2015 12:25 pm

We are all stuck in holding pattern because some pencil neck geek did not the correct number of binaries in the right sequence. I have been a member since 2006 and use this card for my automatic bill payments and online/kiosk orders after being a victim of identity theft online. You figure its a pp card so no issues. The one time I have all of my payroll go to the card I can’t use it and am racking up fees at my regular back for overdrafts. Not to mention I have an automatic payment set up for IRS payment that was supposed to be taken yesterday (my normal payday). I already have $100 + in overdraft fees. When I called RC (after being on hold for 30+ minutes) they have the nerve to say they aren’t sure if they are going to be able to reimburse me. The Hell You Say!!! Thousand of people suffering because you forgot to beta test this damn software “glitch” You are responsible RC and you are responsible for repaying us members back that have proof of overdraft fees. EPIC FAIL INDEED

15. audrey October 15, 2015 12:29 pm

I now have a late car payment, a mark on my credit, my cell phone about to be turned off. I have contacted a law firm in Philadelphia to file a class action suit against RUSHCARD. If I can get one started its going to go.

16. Allana October 15, 2015 3:35 pm

I feel desperate! I thought the transition was complete. I was unaware of any issues, until i began my pre-payday routine of checking my balance to determine how to juggle until the next pay. Food was at the top of my list, seeing as though there is none in the house. Now I find that i can not even speak with a customer service. I am sooo disappointed and sad.

17. leslie williams October 15, 2015 3:48 pm

This is crazy…do you honestly think by apologizing will fix this big mess you have created. I haven’t had access to my money since Monday! Try reaching out the families that need their money to pay a light bill, paying car note, rent and food to put on the table so they can eat! I don’t think we should settle for just an apology from you sir!

18. Lamonda October 15, 2015 4:47 pm

We have to stand up for our rights. This is totally outrageous!!!!! Russell says he trying to help people, I honestly feel like this company is going to take our money and go out of business. Just ghost on us, no compensation for pain and suffering! Lord help us, notice the statement was taken down about getting our check on payday, its payday, no Check!!!!!!!!! I’m thinking class action law suite is in order!!!!!!!!!!

19. L.Osborne October 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Class action suit must definitely take place. This is the second encounter I’ve endured with RC. This one is most devastating and irreversible! I understand Mr Russell Simmons is hurt right now..but you better believe he and his family are eating right now. The one lesson we all have learned is that we must diversify our funds, no matter how low our income. RC and/or Russell Simmons will NEVER know the great inconvenience they have caused us and will not be able to compensate us or right this wrong. We must seek this ourselves.

20. Amanda Randolph October 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Please someone contact me asap regarding my account.

21. LaTonya Rogers October 16, 2015 7:09 am

I am very disappointed with Rushcard. I have been a loyal customer since 2007 and has never had this type of issues. I was out of town when this issue first started and thankfully I had a little money to pay for food and others things. I have been very patient but my funds are running out and to be honest I need my money. I am a single parent and every penny count in my household. It is now up to a week and my account has not been corrected to show my correct balance. Rushcard this is very unacceptable. You really need to get this issue fixed. I only hope that I can stop my next deposit from work in time. I will try to get it sent to another card so that I will be able to pay my rent on time. If not you will be hearing from my lawyers because I have three children and we will not be put out of our home because of an glitch on your in. I can’t pay any late fees or court cost that may incur because of RushCard’s error. We as customers are expected to adhere to certain rules and regulations as cardholders. Rushcard has obligation to their customers as well. I hope to be a RushCard member for many more years. Please get this issue resolved many of your customers are depending on their money to live (I am one of them).

LaTonya Rogers

22. sequita gregory October 16, 2015 8:35 am

WHERE IS MY MONEY!? I will be closing this acct as soon as my deposit hit. People have been waiting on their money for over a week now. Im a single parent with an infant and toddler, I need my money asap!

23. Holly October 16, 2015 10:56 am

This is beyond inconvenient. There is no interaction with the consumers at all. I really think that its very unprofessional that I have to logon to social media to get the latest news about my money. Why hold the incoming direct deposits? At normal banks if an account is closed any deposits made would be rejected and sent back to the originator. I would have preferred that method instead because at least I would have been able to get a paper check or have knowledge of where my money was. I am done with Rushcard Services.

24. Pissed October 16, 2015 11:04 am

I don’t have social media, sooooo how will I be notified of these alleged updates?? This is such a crock!

25. Loistine Barber October 16, 2015 11:16 am

This is beyond inconvenient.. I have bills to pay. I been with this company for over 5 years and for you to send me an email stating ” My card will be out of use for 10/12/2015″ Three days before that date wasn’t a big deal but later that day 10/12/2015 you emailed and said my card could be used.. Here it is Friday 10/16/2015 and i’m still not able to access my money.. This is no way to conduct business.. I will no longer use your company.

26. Jennifer Whiten October 16, 2015 11:35 am

This is a crying shame. I don’t have a RUSH card but my husband does and we have two kids that need food and we need gas. I heard of one woman who lost out on getting her apartment. What is the problem here? I pray that other banks don’t follow suit or this country will be gone to hell! After this incident, this company should be boycotted. It will be bankrupt for sure after this.

27. Tameka October 16, 2015 3:48 pm

This mess is some real bullshit!!! Im not no where near rich I work hard for my money everyday I’m a single parent of 2 kids and I can’t even buy food gas for my car and besides that I payment arrangements hats come right from my account!!!! So now I’ll have marks on my credit for late payments hat will effect me . Him saying sorry and doing not a damn thing!!!!!! Because at the end of the day these bill ppl want there money!!!!!!! I’ve been calling the rush card number all day no answer just a hang up checking my account since 12 noon. My amount says $0.00 wtf!!!!!! Is that as hard as I work this is bullshit!!!! And there’s no one reaching out to say anything!!!!!!! This situation is stressing and draining

28. annie October 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Guys after three hours on hold at corporate office at 513.489.7874 in Ohio got my account unlocked. .i think all of our accounts were locked. .i think they will answering phones this weekend but you may have to hold for a few hours..try it anyway. Russell i hope the bastard project manager who went into this transition poorly prepared gets fired. Guys try that number. ..good luck!

• patricia hollis October 17, 2015 5:58 pm

still waiting for a response after a week im going to try the number that annie gave . annie did u get all the money u were owed

29. Kevinfr78 October 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Payday was yesterday wtf is my money i have probation to pay it not a joke

30. annie October 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Yes I did keep trying that number to get your account unlocked keep the faith

31. Sandra October 18, 2015 1:31 pm

I am really pist it has been 4 days I can’t log in and telling me that I have o balance what the hell

32. Sandra October 18, 2015 1:33 pm

They really causing. Me a major problems with my credited and not too mention I have to work on Monday and it’s still saying 0 balance why !!! This has me so stressed out really

33. Jomata Smith October 19, 2015 9:15 am

351 textle rd.#57

34. Starla Bobbitt October 19, 2015 9:44 am

This is the most ridiculous shit I have ever seen!!! Lights will be cut off today, because I haven’t been able to pay my light bill!!! Single mother of 6 and cant access the money I worked hard for…As soon as my money post I will be withdrawing it and burning that dumb ass card!!!

35. Tameka October 19, 2015 12:30 pm

I’m really pissed I’ve been on the phone with the company 2 times today once 25 min no answer just hold then another 45-1 hr I had to get off because I’m at work!!!!! Having to borrow gas money to get to work it’s embarrassing seeing as to how I hate asking for help I now have my bill ppl calling me about my late bills and now this mess will go on my credit history of late payments Smdh!!!!!!! I’m sorry is not good enough no answers to any of the shit is not good enough!!!!!! Not being able to have all of my money is an issue not being able to use my card period saying its declined etc this is by far the worse bs!!!!! I’ve every had to deal with I’ve never been been late far as my payments and now pretty much being screwed!!!!! And this shit ant right at all!!!!!!!!! U can’t even talk to a live person or access anything online it’s sad and I’m so pissed!!!!!! It’s not like we are being contacted or he is going to let all of our credit ppl know anything all that shit falls on each n everyone that has a rush card!!!!!!!! Hell in far from rich I work hard for my money but all we get is I’m sorry etc etc B.S!!!!!!!!!! This shit hurts us far as our bills and our families SMFH!!!!!!!

36. Sam October 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Its really sad when you can’t get your own money and then have your bills or items in your home cut off due an issue that is out of your hands. You call every number you can fine to be told they ” later on today or in the morning ” and your funds still not in your account. I’ve cried because I’ve never had to put my children through anything like this.

37. Patrice J October 20, 2015 9:14 am

38. Derpy Hooves October 20, 2015 10:27 pm

This is not cool my apartment complex doesnt play games about late rent if i cant access my funds soon the management office will give me a three day notice along with a plolice escort out of here with me tail between my legs because i cant pay the rent. Dammit rushcard

39. Jesse Reese October 21, 2015 10:41 am

I need my Damn money…how the Fuck you don’t have this resolved is beyond unbelievable…The whole Damn company should be shut down..We really need our funds we worked all week for

40. jeremy k October 25, 2015 8:18 am

What is insufficient funding id??????? Still to this day I try to use bill pay and this is what it says and won’t pay bills …… I need to pay bills … I can’t afford to pay fees to where I pay bills cause I have to call them cause rushcard bill pay still isn’t working… ….. thanks for bending me over the last couple weeks and screwing me right in the a$$…. sad thing is , is that I haven’t complained this whole time , instead gAve u chance to redeem yourselves and all u do is fail even more …. thanks but no thanks Russell Simons you just lost a client and a huge fan … don’t contact me as I will be dropping u and tossing everything that has to do with u…

41. Laverne martins October 25, 2015 2:12 pm

I need know if my direct dep. Will be deposited on wed. From SS check. It is to late to stop it. And I don’t know what to do.
    LAVerne Martins

42. Anonymous October 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with this. I was able to confirm my fathers renters story about not able to get paid via Rush Payroll so my father will hold off from evicting. He wouldn’t have considered evicting if the people paid their rent on time and were not already months behind.

43. D Zuckeburg October 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Anonymous-People do too much who asked if the people was months behind on they rent we only asking about rush cards

44. Melissa Santos October 30, 2015 1:13 pm

I been a loyal customer for a while now and this is crazy I cant even get to my money and I have to be borrowing money to get to work and I need to pay bills and rent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they fix this cause I am taking all of my money and go to another bank this is ridiculous I am so pissed 2 pay periods and nothing wow!!!!!!!!! I want my money and more I am going to contact a lawyer

45. akira mccloud October 31, 2015 12:12 pm

They keep hanging up on me and then disconnects the phn so its also sayin the call did not go thru i used the card last weekend and it worked fine. She told me she was sendin thru to a specialist put me on hold for ten mins then hung up never to answer the phn again. this happened last night