The Clear Creek Education Foundation (CCEF) hosted its annual gala on Nov. 7 at South Shore Harbour Resort & Conference Center. Themed “Fit to be Tied! Connecting Community and Celebrating Achievement,” more than 400 attendees helped honor many individuals for their positive contributions to the Clear Creek Independent School District (CCISD) and raised over $50,000 to support academic enrichment programs.
“CCEF works year-round to develop and host programs that truly make a difference in the lives of CCISD students,” said CCEF Executive Director Kaci Hanson. “Our annual gala is a special time to educate the community on our initiatives and enlist their support, while honoring those that go the extra mile. This year’s event did not disappoint.”
The focal point of the evening included honoring an elite group of individuals for their outstanding efforts in serving and representing CCISD. The 2015 award recipients included:
• Joe Barlow – George B. Carlisle Distinguished Service Award for consistent commitment to CCISD over time.
• Harv Hartman – Citizen of the Year, which recognizes an outstanding member of the community who consistently demonstrates commitment to CCISD and excellence in public education through volunteer efforts. It is bestowed by the CCISD Board of Trustees and the CCEF.
• Ann Hacker of Black Rose Steel – Dennis Johnson Memorial Small Business Award, an honor that recognizes a local entrepreneur within CCISD who demonstrates unwavering commitment to the district through active participation in multiple activities.
• Bao-Long Chu and MaryLou Johnson – Distinguished Alumni Award, which honors individuals who have excelled in their chosen profession and have made significant contributions to their communities.
• Emmeline Dodd, Tonia Roque, Anthony Tran and Dr. Pat & Wendell Wilson – CCISD Superstar Award, which honors individuals who support and enhance the District, whether CCISD alumni or not.
All award winners received a saber salute from the Junior ROTC at Clear Creek High School as they entered the ballroom and were introduced by emcee, Khambrel Marshall from KRPC Channel 2.
Other gala highlights included silent and live auctions, a Bowtie Contest, a Baubles and Bows Mystery Shop provided by Kendra Scott and beWilder Ties and entertainment by Divisi Stings Amp’d and TapSnap Phototainment.
The event was planned by a 21-person volunteer committee that included: Hanson, Teresa Vencil (chairwoman), Janice Albro, Kim Barker, Katy Bastedo, Marshall Bennett, Kay Lee Benoit, Janet Brown, Annette Snow Falks, Tisa Foster, Ann Hammond, Lisa Holbrook, Dinah Matthews, Joan McKinney, Donna McMartin, Sarah Dole Moutz, Jill Reason, Elizabeth Wiehle Wang and Marcia Vineyard.
Established in 1992, the Clear Creek Education Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization located in League City, Texas. Comprised of volunteers with a passion for excellence, the Foundation raises funds to enrich academic achievement within Clear Creek Independent School District (CCISD). While the Foundation operates independently of the school district, it is aligned and collaborates closely with CCISD to promote excellence in education.