STEALING THE VERY WHEELS OFF YOUR CAR!

Employees at Houston Premium Outlet Mall in Cypress are complaining about thefts that leave them stranded on the job.

One employee says she went to work and when she came out the very wheels were stolen off her vehicle.

That person says her car was left flat on the ground.

Our sources say at least four cars have been hit within a week and there are no security cameras in the parking lot of the business.

We have placed a call to the Harris County Sheriff’s office but we’re told the Constable in Precinct 4 handles security for the facility.

We’re also hoping to get a comment from that agency.

We also placed a call to the operations manager at Houston Premium Outlet Mall but have not heard back as of yet.

Stay tuned and watch your wheels.

Statement from HPO:

As these thefts are currently under investigation by Harris County Constable Precinct 4, we suggest reaching out to them for more information. As always, we encourage our employees and shoppers to report suspicious activity immediately to Houston Premium Outlets security.

1. Amber February 9, 2016 4:49 pm

This is so sad. I work at the mall and the security here seems to show up only when something happens. We need more security at the mall at all times especially when we leave at night at 9:30. We don’t feel safe.

2. Nancy February 9, 2016 6:14 pm

This mall is outrageous ! The security is never around when you need them and the management doesn’t seem to care either. On many occasions the parking lot lights are out and anything can happen to the staff and even shoppers

3. Anonymous February 10, 2016 8:31 am

not good…

4. Brown February 10, 2016 9:10 am

It’s disappointing and disturbing that they are waiting for something very tragic to happen before lights are installed. How many cars must be vandalized before precautions are taken?

5. Mary February 10, 2016 9:17 am

I can not believe this is happening in broad daylight . These people are getting brave and must know how sorry our security really is out here. Someone needs to step it up and get camaras in all areas and get us real security out here before they hurt someone. We shouldn’t be afraid to go to work and customers shouldn’t be afraid to come out and shop our stores. Thanks for sharing your story with us Stephanie since everything is always hush hush with the mall office. We need to know what’s going on out here.

6. Elaine February 10, 2016 9:18 am

This is ridiculous! There is reason this mall or any other mall should not have adequate, lighting, cameras and security!!

7. Kim February 10, 2016 9:59 am

I am not shocked this has happened, it happens at most malls, but most malls have cameras in the parking lots. With the area growing so fast the mall needs to stay on to of security and safety of the employees and customers.

8. Kim February 10, 2016 10:00 am

I am not shocked this has happened, it happens at most malls, but most malls have cameras in the parking lots. With the area growing so fast the mall needs to stay on top of security and safety of the employees and customers.

9. Mika Andrews February 10, 2016 11:55 am

Oh my goodness! This is so sad! This could have been me! I have been avoiding this mall since I noticed strange activities over Christmas shopping! The people hang around my car & wont move when I started it! It scared me with my baby to death! i live 1 mile from this mall but have been going to a mall 15miles out due to my safety! I won’t shop in this mall unless the security is improved! Please protect your customers, Add more cameras & patrol! This is sad!

10. Concerned Cypress Citizen February 17, 2016 10:47 pm

With people travelling from out of town to come to this establishment, the mall needs to take better precautions, surveillance, improved security, etc. Would hate to see this mall get a reputation for being an unsafe place to shop and visit!