A HOUSTON POLICE OFFICER APOLOGIZES FOR HIS OFFENSIVE FACEBOOK POST!

Whitman Liu in a photo with HPD chief Art Acevedo

Whitman Liu is a veteran police officer at HPD but found himself dumping his entire Facebook page Sunday evening after he posted what some consider a racist and an offensive comment.

Liu chimed in on another person’s post where the issue of the Confederacy was the topic of discussion.

When the HPD officer wrote his comment he made it clear he had some very negative opinions about African Americans.

We’re talking about opinions that would leave anyone of color who is pulled over by the officer nervous because of his mind set.

Liu’s comment lingered on Facebook until I (The Factor) reached out to him to positively identify him as a Houston police officer.

After that gesture and message to Liu he issued an apology and dumped his own Facebook page.

Ray Hunt with the Houston Police Officers’  Union tells The Factor Liu is very sorry about what he posted and he realized just how hurtful his comments were after reaching out to some of his friends of color.

I have included his comments below as well as his apology.

What do you think?

Liu’s apology

1. KD Hamilton August 21, 2017 3:28 pm  Reply

Well, I would hate to have him stop me

2. Big Daddy August 21, 2017 4:12 pm  Reply

3. Big Daddy August 21, 2017 4:12 pm  Reply

I would like to see how many of his fellow officers shared,liked or commented on the post. Then let’s investigate their social media accounts.

4. Stacy Pierce August 21, 2017 5:44 pm  Reply

I know Sgt Lui personally and know there’s not a racist bone in his body! He immigrated from China and has worked hard to get to where he is. Not only is he a great police Sgt, he’s also a pharmacist. He’s a great guy and if any of you took the time to talk to him personally, you’d agree.

5. Stacy Pierce August 21, 2017 5:45 pm  Reply

6. Crystal August 21, 2017 7:12 pm  Reply

I know Whitman as well and my classmates and I had to listen to his short-sighted rhetoric for years. This is NOT his 1st racially insensitive remark and it won’t be his last. I think he os sorry he got caught. His classmates in pharmacy school made many attempts to teach him about diversity and cultural sensitivity. He only cares about his own point of view. Yours doesn’t matter to hi.

7. Crystal August 21, 2017 7:13 pm  Reply

8. Clarence Douglas August 21, 2017 7:15 pm  Reply

Hi LT
    I am HPD Sergeant Clarence Douglas Retired Homicide Division. I accept your apology but would like to meet you and have an open conversation. Please let me know if that’s possible

9. Barney Fife August 21, 2017 7:35 pm  Reply

Sgt (soon to be Lt) Liu is a disgrace to the department. He has alienated many officers with his racist rants. If only I had a dollar for every sexist or racially-insensitive remark of his I have read or heard, I could quit all of my extra jobs! How he got promoted I will never know!

10. Whitman Moo August 21, 2017 8:20 pm  Reply

You need to share this with the local media…KHOU, KPRC, KTRK. This guy needs to be called out. Share on Facebook too!

11. Anonymous August 21, 2017 8:22 pm  Reply

He’s not sorry, he meant every word he said. He was uncovered, that’s why he’s sorry. He’s not the only one, lots of whites think that about us. Rhey really don’t know us. Why don’t y’all befriend a few African Americans, have dinner with us, come to family functions. You will find out, we’re the same as you.

12. Jason August 21, 2017 8:43 pm  Reply

Does anyone have anything to say about his point of immigrants coming to this country and working hard and becoming successful? People are so focused on a few words taken out of context they fail to comprehend the message. As for the supposed offensive comments look at the insane things these activists are saying that are reported on the news (your network included). Surely you don’t condone that madness?

13. Anonymous August 21, 2017 9:00 pm  Reply

I hope you put this on air at 1030. This guy needs to be exposed. I will personally be calling Chief Art Acevedo.

14. Dr T Nguyen August 21, 2017 9:04 pm  Reply

I was a pharmacy student on rotation with Whitman Liu when we were interns at TSU. The preceptor always complained about him. He talked down to everybody, like he knows all. I am shocked he graduated pharmacy school.

15. Dr T Nguyen August 21, 2017 9:06 pm  Reply

And yes he come from China, but he always look down on classmates and even professors who were black. He can e from China and still be a racist.

16. Larry August 21, 2017 10:55 pm  Reply

A racist is a racist

17. Roland D. August 21, 2017 10:58 pm  Reply

“There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
    -Booker T. Washington

Yes, Booker T Washington said those words. Was he racist? Would anyone be “nervous because of this mindset” if it is shared by a police officer? We are at a place in America where false narratives prevail and truth is suppressed. Where shaming others into silence with name calling and false accusations is preferred over honest dialogue. Where Americans are afraid to speak their mind lest they be labeled as “racist,” “bigot,” or other “scarlet letter” pejorative.

Larry Elder is a lawyer, writer and radio and television personality who can be heard on AM 1070 “The Larry Elder Show.” He’s also a Black American and he has coined the term “Victicrat” meaning:

1.someone who believes every negative situation in their life is brought on because of their race.
    1a. someone who utilizes “the race card” as grounds for argument/defense/offense in any situation applicable.

Does Larry Elder “have negative opinions about the African American Community?” The more important question is, is what Booker T. Washington and Larry Elder said True?

If no, what part(s) is/are not true?

If yes, why are the comments of Whitman Liu, which are essentially the same as two prominent, respectable African Americans, being treated as though he has said something so egregious?

Is it possible to have an objective opinion about behavior of a person or group of people and yet not harbor animus toward them! I have told each of my children at some point in their lives that they were being lazy, blaming others, or not being responsible. Does that mean my kids should be nervous around me or that I don’t like them?

Mr. Carey I have respected your journalism for years but this to me is a one sided, unfair story that impugns the motives and character a good man.

Roland D.

18. Leah August 22, 2017 8:58 am  Reply

To those who buy-in to the idea that if immigrants can come to this country and be successful why can’t Blacks…why do they continue to blame others for their plight. Many Nigerians and other immigrants are smart and very hard working. They come to this country with a sense of purpose and desire to succeed. To see successful immigrants here is fabulous, this is one of the things that makes our country great. But don’t get it twisted. The ones that do make it and become successful are in no way comparable to the 186 million Nigerians left behind who struggle with political corruption, terrorism, poverty, lack of resources (esp. health and education) and the falling price of oil. So don’t compare the few who make it out of Nigeria to their African American cousins who have been systematically and institutionally oppressed for hundreds of years. So until a woman, who works in HR goes on a Texas radio station and announces to the public that she throws away any resume that has a “Black” sounding name without even considering their qualifications, and people like her, change their behavior then we can start comparing apples to oranges.

19. Ana August 22, 2017 5:05 pm  Reply

Rasist he has always been

20. Angier gonzales August 22, 2017 5:22 pm  Reply

I don’t understand, n get upset ,everytime someone has n opinion, they have to b careful n to offend people at many times black people ,I’m not racist at all ,but dam we they want respect they need to earn it,I know alot of blacks that have done good in this country ,but now a days these black people don’t have nothing to do but cry discrimination, I know for sure Martin Luther King would b turning on his back ,cause he fought for our rights ,so we could do better n have a great life ,not so they could b killer drug addicts,seller ,but then cry they are being mistreated, we live in America ,n America is the true home of the Indians ,so if any other people feel like. They are being discriminate against , n I don’t mean just black anybody ,than they need to go home where they had everything ,just stop ,and that goes for the all

21. Bobby womack August 24, 2017 4:09 pm  Reply

It’s amazing how immigrants come to America think they know black American history better than black Americans. Let me go to China and start runnung my mouth about their history. furthermore, the Nigerians that come over here or usually the people that already have money and education. For further evidence of this look at the Nigerians that are still in Nigeria the vast majority of them live in extreme poverty.

22. Bobby womack August 24, 2017 4:11 pm  Reply

23. Taylor Den August 24, 2017 4:21 pm  Reply

This is why black people have to stop using the term “people of color.” Most immigrants that come over here align themselves with white supremacy expecially the Asians. Look at the way they treat Africans in Africa.

24. Anonymous August 25, 2017 10:10 pm  Reply

I’ve known this officer for a long time. We all have our own opinions. I don’t agree with him, because Nigerians are African Americans and of our heritage. Black people are not the blame for society behavior. The behavior of certain people, are the failure to know who created us all. If you pick up your bible and read revelations, you will realize that Jesus is African American. Study ur bible and u may be forgiven for ignorance.

25. Noname Joe August 26, 2017 7:56 pm  Reply

Free speech died the moment it became vogue to be offended at things you simply disagree with. I’m so sick of this. So many crybabies that want to litigate away differing opinions. Like it or not, with diverse people come diverse opinions.