CAUSE OF DEATH OF HOUSTON CITY COUNCILMAN LARRY GREEN RELEASED: DRUG OVERDOSE!

This is the cause of death released on Houston City Councilman Larry Green by the Harris County Medical Examiner:

Manner: Accident

Cause: Combined toxicity of chloroethane and methamphetamine

Description of substances found in his system :

Chloroethane (ethyl chloride) is an organic solvent that is found in aerosol (spray can) preparations. It has been used as a solvent, refrigerant, local anesthetic and in the manufacture of various other chemical compounds. It is sold in spray cans as a “cleaning solvent” under the trade names Black Max or Maximum Impact; these sprays are often inhaled because the vapor causes a sense of drunkenness and relaxation. At higher concentrations, inhalation can be fatal. There is no safe “dose” of chloroethane, and no way to predict how much inhalant has been taken in during a “use.”

Methamphetamine is a stimulant that is commonly known as “meth,” or “speed.” Methamphetamine has direct effects on the body to produce a sense of excited elation. But that euphoric feeling is accompanied by direct toxic effects on the brain and on the heart. Street preparations of methamphetamine are unpredictable in their concentration of active compound, and are considered dangerous and potentially lethal at any concentration.

Tricia Rudisill Bentley, M.A.

2 Comments

  1. Roderick March 30, 2018 10:28 am 

    Wow! My prayers are with his family.

  2. Carol Ann Baker April 16, 2018 10:41 pm 

    I found it strange that authorities went to his house simply because he didn’t show up at a meeting the morning of his death. Someone knew something.

Comments are closed.