Pic -N- Sav
77100 W Little York RD
Houston, TX 77040
Thursday, July 19, 2018
Texas Department of Agriculture responded to a complaint at this location and found a credit card skimmer on Pump #4. Pump was closed until law enforcement could arrive to remove the device. The store previously found a credit card skimmer on Pump #3 on July 9, 2018 and removed the device. Both skimmers were taken into possession by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
If paying at the pump with a credit card, these tips might help you avoid becoming a victim of a gas pump skimmer:
• Use pump closest to storefront, in line of sight for store personnel
• Before pumping, check for unusual bluetooth signals with ID of string of numbers and letters; might be a skimmer
• Check that security tape on pump cabinet has not been damaged. Torn tape might indicate cabinet opened without store personnel’s knowlege
• Safest bet is to pay inside with cash
• Always save the receipt and monitor your bank statements after filling up.
• If you think you’ve been skimmed, contact 1-800-TELL-TDA and we will send an inspector to check it out.