Credit Card Skimmer found at: Hanna Mart #2
1801 Ella Blvd
Houston, Texas 77008
A TDA inspector found a Bluetooth skimmer on pump #3 after receiving two complaints. Pump #3 was tagged out of order by TDA inspector. Houston Police Dept. was dispatched to the location. The device was removed and taken by HPD.
If paying at the pump with a credit card, these tips might help you avoid becoming a victim of a gas pump skimmer:
• Use pump closest to storefront, in line of sight for store personnel
• Before pumping, check for unusual bluetooth signals with ID of string of numbers and letters; might be a skimmer
• Check that security tape on pump cabinet has not been damaged. Torn tape might indicate cabinet opened without store personnel’s knowlege
• Safest bet is to pay inside with cash
• Always save the receipt and monitor your bank statements after filling up.
• If you think you’ve been skimmed, contact 1-800-TELL-TDA and we will send an inspector to check it out.
Commissioner Miller has produced a helpful video on how