Three years ago, more than 100 people lined up outside the Tesla showroom in Lyndhurst to put $1,000 deposits on a car nobody had ever seen. That car was the Tesla Model 3, which offered the allure of an ultra cool brand combined with the environmental consciousness of an electric car for just $35,000.

After many starts and stops, three years later, Tesla is finally ready to fulfill those orders.

CEO Elon Musk announced Thursday the standard Model 3 is now available on Tesla.com starting at that promised price point of $35,000.

“Last month, I noted in my email that the fundamental issue Tesla must overcome is that our products remain too expensive for most people. We know there are many people who want to buy Model 3, but simply can’t afford to do so,” Musk wrote in a memo to employees obtained by CNBC. “This is a significant milestone for Tesla, the culmination of years of hard work by employees across the company.”

At the same time, Tesla announced it would be closing most of its stores in order to sell cars at those prices while remaining financially sustainable. The future of Tesla’s showroom in Lyndhurst, the only one in the Cleveland area, is unknown, however, The Plain Dealer reported last month the property is for sale.

A Pennsylvania woman, charged with her teen daughter in the deaths of five family members – including three children – was arraigned Tuesday.

The suspects, Shana S. Decree, 45, and Dominique Decree, 19, were taken into custody Monday after bodies were found inside an apartment in suburban Philadelphia, authorities said.

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said Shana Decree and Dominique Decree are charged with five counts of homicide and one count each of conspiracy in the deaths.

Shana Decree was jailed without bail following a preliminary arraignment early Tuesday, according to Philly.com, while her daughter was still awaiting her hearing.

The victims include Shana Decree’s children, Naa’Irah Smith, 25, and Damon Decree Jr., 13, both of Morrisville; as well as Shana Decree’s sister Jamilla Campbell, 45, of Trenton, and Campbell’s 9-year-old twin daughters Imani and Erika Allen. Weintraub said that authorities are looking for Campbell’s 17-year-old son Joshua. He noted that the teen is not a suspect in the deaths.

Weintraub said the causes of death are under investigation and that it was premature to discuss a motive.

“This is a terrible tragedy,” Weintraub said at the scene late Monday night, according to the Associated Press. “I just spoke to the family of all five of the deceased, and we’re all heartbroken.

For Immediate Release:

Akrem Azzam, severely beaten at the downtown City of Houston jail, came out victorious in federal court Friday against Houston jailer Sheila Ross who looked on while another Houston jailer, Lasswon Shannon, repeatedly beat Akrem while handcuffed at the downtown City jail. Lasswon Shannon was arrested and pled guilty to assault.  

While the 12-member federal jury verdict was for $105,000.00, costs and attorney’s fees will push the expected total to over $250,000,00. Azzam had given the defendants an offer to settle for much less, however, prior to trial the defendants offered no compensation to Mr. Azzam.       

“This is a very important case as Jailer Ross was found liable, not for assaulting Mr. Azzam, but for failing to intervene,” said civil rights lawyer Randall Kallinen, “The trial and results send a strong message to jailers and police that encourage violence against citizens by standing by and doing nothing. Maybe if this would have happened earlier the Harding Street Murders would not have occurred.”   

Co-counsel Civil Rights Attorney U.A. Lewis stated, “The jury should be very proud of their verdict. It demonstrated that This is America and we have constitutional rights here, civil rights and the jury upheld them for us all with their verdict.”

The City of Houston joined Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), NeighborWorks® America and its local network members today to announce the NeighborhoodLIFT® program will expand for Houston with a $6.1 million commitment by Wells Fargo to boost local homeownership.

NeighborWorks America network members Avenue, Fifth Ward CRC and Tejano Center will administer the $15,000 down payment assistance grants, determine eligibility and provide homebuyer education.

“Houston is a special place to call home, and this investment will help our local community of hardworking Houstonians with big dreams for the future,” said Mayor Sylvester Turner. “We appreciate the efforts of Wells Fargo, NeighborWorks America and its local affiliates to bring the NeighborhoodLIFT program to Houston again and help put homeownership within reach for hundreds of households.”

The 2019 Houston NeighborhoodLIFT program follows the 2012 program that created 422 homeowners with a $9 million philanthropic commitment by Wells Fargo. Overall, Wells Fargo has conducted 68 LIFT program events across the U.S. since 2012, creating nearly 20,000 homeowners.

Free NeighborhoodLIFT event scheduled March 22–23 
Interested homebuyers are encouraged to register beginning Monday, March 4 at www.wellsfargo.com/lift to attend the free event scheduled on Friday, March 22, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday, March 23, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Reliant Park, located at 8686 Kirby Dr., Houston. Walk-ins also are welcome while grants are available.

“The NeighborhoodLIFT program is another example of our commitment to Houston and our efforts to build better communities through sustainable homeownership,” said David Miree, Wells Fargo Texas lead region president. “The program will help hardworking families and individuals get on the path to achieve successful and sustainable homeownership.”

To be eligible to reserve a $15,000 down payment assistance grant, annual incomes must not exceed 80 percent of the local area median income in Houston, which is about $59,900 for up to a family of four. In addition, there are special parameters for eligible military service members and veterans, teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians, who can earn up to 100 percent of the area median income, which is about $74,900 for up to a family of four in Houston, and may obtain $17,500 down payment assistance grants.

“Wells Fargo is to be commended for its commitment to providing down payment assistance to homebuyers, whether or not they seek financing from them.This is an innovative approach and one that puts the emphasis on the need to increase the pool of qualified homebuyers, said Marvalette Hunter, the mayor’s chief of staff, who participated in Monday’s announcement.  “We hope that other lenders will follow suit and partner with the City of Houston to increase the supply of affordable housing. Houston is a great place to live and work and we want to make sure that everyone that desires to live in the city can afford to do so including our veterans, first responders, teachers and city employees.” Participating homebuyers can obtain mortgage financing from any participating lender. Approved homebuyers will have up to 60 days to finalize a contract to purchase a home in the city of Houston.

“This innovative public-private collaboration will create more than 290 Houston homeowners,” said Lisa Hasegawa, western region vice president with NeighborWorks America. “The required homebuyer education classes provided by certified professionals better prepare NeighborhoodLIFT homebuyers to achieve their goal of sustainable homeownership.”

Approved homebuyers must be approved for home financing with an eligible lender and be in contract to purchase a home in the city of Houston. To reserve the full grant amount, participants buying a primary residence with the NeighborhoodLIFT program must commit to live in the home for five years.

“We’re ready to help more families become homeowners with the support of NeighborhoodLIFT homebuyer education and down payment assistance,” said Mary Lawler, executive director of Avenue. “We are pleased to join Wells Fargo, NeighborWorks America and our local partners to make homeownership more affordable, achievable and sustainable.”

In addition, Wells Fargo has committed $325,000 for up to 650 consumers to receive complimentary face-to-face homeownership counseling. Interested homebuyers can receive a voucher at the Houston NeighborhoodLIFT launch event that will provide in-person homeownership counseling at no charge with a participating HUD-approved housing counselor in Houston. The homeownership counseling grant program is a resource in addition to the homebuyer education required for a NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance grant.

The FBI Violent Crime Task Force needs the public’s help identifying and locating three suspects who robbed two Houston-area Capital One banks last week. Investigators believe the armed trio may also be responsible for at least two other bank robberies in 2018. Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the bank robbers.  On Thursday, February 21, 2019, at approximately 4:36 p.m., two black male suspects and one black female suspect entered the Capital One Bank located at 15900 Stuebner Airline Rd. in Spring, TX. The trio swarmed the bank and ordered customers and employees into a back room and on to the floor before jumping over the teller counter and demanding money and the keys to open the teller drawers. The suspects eventually left the bank without any money, after the keys could not be located. No vehicle or direction of travel was observed, and no injuries were reported. The following day, on Friday, February 22, 2019, at approximately 4:05 p.m., the trio entered the Capital One Bank at 6117 N. Highway 6 in northwest Houston. Armed with pistols and a knife, they swarmed the bank and ordered customers and employees into a back room and on to the floor. The suspects jumped over the teller counter and demanded money and the keys to open the teller drawers. In fear for their lives, bank employees gave the suspects the keys to the registers. After collecting an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspects left the bank. Minor injuries were reported. Investigators believe at least one member of this crew is responsible for two other Capital One Bank robberies that occurred on October 2, 2018 and November 19, 2018 at 19619 Tomball Pkwy and 10951 Jones Rd., respectively.

The suspects are described as follows: Suspect 1:RACE/SEX: Black/MaleAGE: 20-30 years oldHEIGHT: 5’8”-5’10”WEIGHT: Medium buildFACIAL HAIR: UnshavenCLOTHING: On 2/22/19, the suspect wore a black hoodie with the hood up, a yellow reflective safety vest, blue jeans, and black tennis shoes. He was armed with a semi-automatic pistol. Suspect 2:RACE/SEX: Black/MaleAGE: 20-30 years oldHEIGHT: 5’11” – 6’WEIGHT: Thin buildFACIAL HAIR: Clean shavenCLOTHING: On 2/22/19, the suspect wore a black hoodie with the hood up, a tan short-sleeved shirt over the hoodie, matching tan pants, and a black mask over his face. He was armed with a semi-automatic pistol. Suspect 3:RACE/SEX: Black/FemaleAGE: 20-30 years oldHEIGHT: 5’3”WEIGHT: Thin buildCLOTHING:

On 2/22/19, the suspect wore a dark green hooded jacket with the hood up, ripped skinny jeans, a black ski mask, and high top black and gray sneakers. She was armed with a knife. Bank surveillance photographs and a video (from the Nov. 19, 2018 robbery) are attached. The photos can also be found on Twitter @FBIHouston. Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the identification and arrest of this bank robber. If you have any information, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477) or the FBI Houston Field Office at (713) 693-5000, or visit www.crime-stoppers.org. Tips may also be submitted to Crime Stoppers through the Crime Stoppers of Houston app which can be downloaded at the app store for both iPhone and Android devices. All tipsters remain anonymous. 

A North Texas man who was accused of molesting children after luring them with a backyard miniature train was killed in the Tarrant County jail.

The Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office confirmed 76-year-old Clinton Don Simpson was attacked by another inmate early Wednesday morning.
The medical examiner’s report states he suffered blunt force injuries to the head. His death was ruled a homicide.

Simpson ran Mr. Don’s Whistle Shop at his home in Keller. He hosted birthday parties and gave children rides on his miniature train.

R&B GROUP H-TOWN TALKS 25 OF MUSIC AND HALL OF FAME!

The R&B group H-Town debuted in 1993 with the classic sexy single “Knockin’ da Boots.” The #1 song would go on to sell more than one million copies as did the H-Town debut album “Fever For Da Flavor.” Other hit songs for H-Town include “Emotions,” “Part Time Lover,” and the group’s version of “Thin Line Between Love and Hate” with Shirley Murdock featured on the track.

Recognizing a 25-year legacy of music, H-Town will be honored as a 2019 inductee into the National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame.

To celebrate the milestone and honor, H-Town members “Shazam” Conner and “G.I.” Jackson will perform on Friday, Nov. 9 at E2 Ultra Lounge on 16940 Ella Boulevard.

DEADLY LOVE EXPRESSIONS BEFORE AND AFTER AT THE ALTER!

In this day and age of extremes, there are more and more cases of couples going over board to impress their intended, family, and friends with their nuptials and honeymoon. But in some instances, there have been deadly consequences during that grand
ADVERTISEMENT

entrance to the wedding or on that honeymoon.

On the Factor to discuss this issue is Amir Valinia, who is into extreme activities from skydiving to scuba diving to snow skiing.

POPULAR AND EXPERIENCED JUDGES KICKED TO THE CURB AFTER HARRIS COUNTY BLUE WAVE!

There was definitely a blue wave in Harris County Tuesday night. Hundreds of thousands of people chose to vote straight ticket – 100,000 more Democrats chose that option than Republicans.

The results of that, experienced elected officials like Harris County Judge Ed Emmett was kicked to the curb and replaced by a 27-year-old newcomer. More than 50 Harris County Republican judges were also essentially fired by voters. All not likely because of how they performed on the bench, but because of that “R” behind their name.

On the Factor to talk about this are judges Mike Fields and Marc Carter, both who were replaced Tuesday night.

It was last month when Houston attorney Tony Buzbee announced on Fox 26’s Isiah Factor Uncensored that he is running for Mayor of Houston in the next election cycle.

The announcement sent shockwaves through City Hall and the city of Houston.

Early Wednesday morning after the passage of Proposition B, Buzbee now says he’s willing to help incumbent Mayor Sylvester Turner broker a deal with Houston firefighters.

This comes after Houston voters approved Prop B which gives the men and women of the fire department parity (equivalent) pay with police officers.

Mayor Turner says the city simply can’t afford an annual $100 million budget increase to fund this pay raise for firefighters.

Turner says the move will lead to layoffs that will include city workers along with firefighters.

Meanwhile, Buzbee, who supported the pay increase for firefighters, says he is now willing to help the Mayor negotiate with the men and women he calls heroes.

Read Buzbee’s statement below!

By: Tony Buzbee

He screwed himself due to pride//The results are now in for Prop B: Our current mayor campaigned hard against OUR firefighters in this election—and all they sought was equal pay. Seriously mayor?!?! Of course, now that the voters have spoken in favor of the firefighters, this weak kneed mayor has lost his fool’s errand. You should know, however, that even before this election, this mayor convinced the City Council to authorize in advance up to $1.3 million to pay lawyers—his buddies—to fight our firefighters in court just in the case that they won this election. What the hell?!?!?THIS HAS TO STOP. He should have never pitted our firefighters against the City or against our police force!!! This was a total lack of leadership on his part. Total waste of money. TURN HIM OUT.

I am going to call the mayor tomorrow and strongly encourage him to work out a deal with our firefighters and the city, without a lawsuit. He lost!! I’ve handled more litigation than anyone in this city and I’m willing to step in and personally work this out for the best interests of our city and on behalf of our firefighters, without charge. It is unacceptable that, because of the mayor’s ego, that he pitted our firefighters against our police, and our firefighters against the City. Our mayor did that!! Of course, our mayor has never served in the military or served as a first responder. No offense to him, but he is clueless on the mentality of these heroes. He needs to defuse this situation, now. There is no reason to waste litigation monies or to be so damn vindictive in the way that he has been with our best citizens. Prob B should have never even been on the ballot. Enough!!

Note: A spokesperson for the Proposition B campaign said no comment from Mayor Turner on this issue!