Tagged: fire



After a short investigation it appears the fire two weeks ago at the beloved Burger Park in Houston was an accident.

Jay Evans with the Houston Fire Department days the fire was caused by a spark from an exhaust fan over the grill.

Evans says when the device malfunctioned it spit out a spark that hit the grease and caused the fire at the 47 year old business on Martin Luther King in South Park.

There’s no word yet if Burger Park known for its burgers and slushies will reopen.

I will check with the owners and keep you updated.

A call to the business early Thursday morning went unanswered.



Update: The Medical Examiner will have to call this case along with Waller County investigators.

Fire investigators were on the scene in Waller County Friday afternoon after a body was found in a house that burned down.

Those close to the investigation tell the Factor a person’s body with a gunshot wound to the head was found in the house located in Hockley, Texas.

The Glass Road residence appeared to be set on fire but arson investigators are trying to determine if it is some type of suicide or if someone was murdered and the house was set on fire to cover it up.

The Factor is making calls to investigators to determine exactly what happened in the house.