Tagged: food

IS SUGARHILL CLOSING PERMANENTLY?

The question many had Wednesday night in the Third Ward was is Sugarhill closing for good.

The answer to that question according to the owner is no. 

Dozens of people packed into the night spot on Southmore for what many thought was the last evening for the club that’s been open for the last four years. 

Rob Wright owner of Sugarhill

However, Rob Wright, one of the owners of the popular upscale lounge says the business is simply transitioning.

He says they’re undergoing renovations at the facility to add a kitchen and a different flavor if you will. 

Wright says the business will now have more of a focus on food…He said specifically Cajun and Creole cuisine.

Wright says the changes will likely take a month or so and he’s hoping to reopen in time for TSU’s homecoming which is schedule for October 22.

In the meantime, there will also be a name change for the business as well. 

So, when you return in October the hostess will likely say welcome to Live Oak.

Rob says the name comes from a nearby street in the community where the business is located.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

It was a packed house at Dolce Houston in Cypress,  Texas last Thursday.

Owner Al Rucker opened his door to members of Houston’s news media community to sample the atmosphere, food, and music at his new nightspot.

Dozens of people attended the event with food to die for. 

The crowd was entertained by none other than J. Paul and the Zydeco Nubees.

Houston radio personality Walter D covered the dance floor when the band went on hiatus.

If you’re ever in Cypress make sure you drop by Dolce Ultra Lounge…you won’t regret it!

Location: 18039 FM 529
Cypress, Texas 77433
832-427-1526

BURGER PARK FIRE WAS AN ACCIDENT!

image

After a short investigation it appears the fire two weeks ago at the beloved Burger Park in Houston was an accident.

Jay Evans with the Houston Fire Department days the fire was caused by a spark from an exhaust fan over the grill.

Evans says when the device malfunctioned it spit out a spark that hit the grease and caused the fire at the 47 year old business on Martin Luther King in South Park.

There’s no word yet if Burger Park known for its burgers and slushies will reopen.

I will check with the owners and keep you updated.

A call to the business early Thursday morning went unanswered.